Advanced search

WIBU to report noise pollution

(3 Posts)
Discopanda Sun 14-Jun-15 00:22:39

We live very close to a pub (which is in a residential area) and as much as you expect some noise, tonight has taken the mickey. It's our local fair day and because it's a dry event the pub take advantage by offering cheap booze. They've had loud music all day and it's now past midnight and I can hear it through double glazing as well as their customers screaming their heads off. The pub have recently been turned down for some form of music license due to a neighboutr's complaints so not sure if they are breaking the law, the noise is at an unacceptable level and the landlords DGAF about the residents, WIBU to call 101 and report it as antisocial noise? Two young children been kept awake by the noise.

avocadotoast Sun 14-Jun-15 00:41:51

I could've posted a similar thing! Pub over road from us has had a gig on that's only just finished. You could hear it in our living room. Surely 11 should be the cut off for residential areas...

Hoppityhippityhop Sun 14-Jun-15 00:46:26

No point calling 101, you need to call your council's out of hours noise nuisance team. They might not be able to get out in time to witness the noise tonight but follow your phone call up with an e-mail on Monday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: