Talk

Advanced search

Air u to think if there's allocated at the cinema you should be able to sit where you have been allocated?

(21 Posts)
Tweezertastic Sat 13-Jun-15 20:14:53

...and that someone is there to make sure that it's enforced in block buster screenings?

Fourarmsv2 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:16:39

We enforced our own seats today. There was a reason we booked two months ago! Did they not move when asked?

lomega Sat 13-Jun-15 20:19:01

I think it depends. If the cinema is full to bursting and it's a popular new release, and you have booked those specific tickets in advance, yes then someone should be there to enforce it and ensure people are all sitting in the right seats. However, if it's quieter and there are other 'good spots' to sit and you're just going on the principle of 'those being your seats', that's a little pedantic. More info needed perhaps? grin

Tweezertastic Sat 13-Jun-15 20:21:13

Jurassic WOrld. Chose seats and because other people had sat in them then had to sit somewhere else. What's the point of allocated seatin? I mean people get to choose where they want to sit when they buy their tickets

Tweezertastic Sat 13-Jun-15 20:22:41

Four. The guy who was helping with the seating just put us somewhere else!

Mypubesarestraight Sat 13-Jun-15 20:22:55

We always book VIP seats now because of this.

Half the time we often find people say in them anyway! We soon shift them though.

RufusTheReindeer Sat 13-Jun-15 20:23:55

I wouldn't be happy and would kick up a fuss

I've booked those seats for a reason

CombineBananaFister Sat 13-Jun-15 20:25:49

YANBU - i have a very (overly-irrational) issue with this on trains, cinema etc. Sit where you booked then when it's settled and there are places free you can move. I am a very placid person but I just can't tolerate this - read your fecking ticket [anger]

lydiarobinson Sat 13-Jun-15 20:26:58

If you've booked seats you're entitled to those seats.

If the booking office just allocate seating and you arrive as the film is starting and someone is in your seat, just sit in the nearest seats.

Likewise if there's lots of equal seating available just sit in those.

Janethegirl Sat 13-Jun-15 20:27:25

Yes, I'd kick up a fuss too.

If you have to book a seat, you get to sit there. That is the point of booking

MikeEhrmentraut Sat 13-Jun-15 20:30:41

Why didnt you just ask them to move?

gatorgolf Sat 13-Jun-15 20:30:57

it is just easier if people sit where there allocated seats are. We don't go cinema often but last time we went to a kids am the cinema was virtually empty but our allocated seats were sat in by another family, who said 'but the cinema is empty just sit somewhere else'. So we did, then abit later when cinema was slightly more full (but not full) another family come in and we are sitting in there seats so we look like the bad guys, they were pretty insistant on moving so then we asked for our allocated seats otherwise we could have been moving around all day, if every one just sat in allocated seats in the first place would be easier.

Fourarmsv2 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:35:45

We arrived late-ish and the cinema was sold out bar a few odd seats. The family sat in our seats said they'd been told they could sit in any empty seats as they couldn't be allocated together. Fine I suppose but they should have moved without fuss when we arrived.

We book in advance because DS2 has a preference for certain seats. If we'd have been shown to alternatives I'd have insisted on having the ones booked.

If the cinema is half empty I'll sit in any suitable seats smile

Hassled Sat 13-Jun-15 20:41:53

Last time I went to the cinema it was that Avengers thing - so very popular, packed cinema. We were actually fine with our pre-booked seats, but people seemed to be just taking the piss and sitting anywhere regardless, while the attendant was having none of it. There were endless shenanigans with stroppy teens/grumpy families being turfed out of stolen seats and marched down the steps - it took ages to sort, with attendant getting increasingly livid about the whole thing.

lydiarobinson Sat 13-Jun-15 20:42:14

I do think it's irritating when a cinema is three quarters empty and the staff insist on allocating customers seating right beside each other. I suppose it makes it easier for cleaners afterwards, but it's annoying when you have a tall person in front of you or a noisy child behind you in a practically empty cinema.

McButtonwillow Sat 13-Jun-15 21:10:24

Yanbu. We always book out seats and last time we went two women were sitting in ours, I asked them to move and they reluctantly did.

I'm particular about having leg room, ds1 doesn't like sitting next to strangers and we like to be at the back so I am quite forceful about these things smile

Metalguru Sat 13-Jun-15 21:14:37

Yanbu and they should not have assumed you would be happy to sit elsewhere. Dd1 has anxiety and will only sit where she can get to an exit so I always book seats on the end of a row, the usher should be trained to at least ask you, are you ok with sitting somewhere else?

PHANTOMnamechanger Sat 13-Jun-15 21:21:26

YANBU

we like to sit me and DH in the row behind the 3 DC as it is easier for passing sweets etc and i know there are no tall people in front of me we also always book aisle seats just in case the loo is needed.

last time 2 women arrived late, their seats were up against the wall at the end of our row, they wanted DH and I to move along (disturbing 4 or 5 other people) as that was apparently 'easier' than them climbing all the way through.

we declined, and they huffed and puffed about it and muttered.

the term entitled comes to mind!

FuzzyWizard Sat 13-Jun-15 21:32:27

Our local cinema assigns all seating and most people sit in their assigned seat. Occasionally I've found someone sitting in my seat and always ask them to move. They always have so far though I did see two people refuse to move for someone once. The attendant just explained that they would have to move because people book their seats in advance and they should have done the same if they wanted their choice of seats. They moved.
It drives me mad! I go to the cinema once or twice a week usually and it's just so much simpler if people just sit in their assigned seat.

Fluffyears Sat 13-Jun-15 21:43:01

We always book superior VIP seats and the attendant takes you directly to seat. The few times we've encountered folk sitting in them the attendant asked to see their tickets and they usually haven't paid for the good seats so get turfed out back to the normal seats.

echt Sat 13-Jun-15 21:58:51

I always book seats online because so many films are quite hard to watch if you're too close to the screen, especially the smaller cinemas or VMAX.

Never had a problem with nicked seats. Come to think of it, I've never seen an attendant in a cinema all the time I've lived in Australia. They must be a very polite bunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now