Talk

Advanced search

To cut out my abusive stepdad

(8 Posts)
ijustlovecake Sat 13-Jun-15 19:33:48

My mum has been with her husband for 22 years, I was just two when they met. As children, my brother and I witnessed his violent temper, rages and my mother and his alcohol induced arguments and fights. I remember one morning my mum had a cut on her lip and I asked her what happened and she said she fell. I knew then at 10 years old, that he had hurt her.

He has been emotionally and sometimes physically abusive to myself and my brother, my brother had to move out because of him and his bullying and i'm also about to move out. He threatened to punch me in the face the other day because I told him to get off his ass when I got him the wrong chocolate from the fridge and he expected me to get the right one.

AIBU to cut him out of my life?

AuntyMag10 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:34:48

Yanbu he sounds like an awful person. Does your mum want to leave him?

FenellaFellorick Sat 13-Jun-15 19:35:25

I think it is important that you do.

ijustlovecake Sat 13-Jun-15 19:36:58

She doesn't, they are oth very co-dependent on each other. He is an alcoholic and she is not far behind him sad

ImNotMeImSomeoneElse Sat 13-Jun-15 19:39:42

Not unreasonable. Not in the slightest.

AuntyMag10 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:58:52

I think then it's time you take care of yourself and cut him out.

PeppermintCrayon Sun 14-Jun-15 00:48:27

YANBU, utterly.

ipsofactocollapso Sun 14-Jun-15 06:55:51

YANBU - He sounds like a violent, domineering nightmare. Hoping for speed and safety for you as you exit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now