Talk

Advanced search

Double standards would you be angry

(14 Posts)
whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:21:08

I cant eat or drink at the place i work as the tills were wrong some months ago so we were told staff cannot eat or drink there and i dont handle money however the rule applies to all so no one can be accused of ringing in wrong prices.
The other week with all the stress of dying DF and long work hrs until midnight i had a free day off it ws hot and sunny and a drink and food by the river for dcs sounded just the thing.I text 5 people who were unsure about the rule so much to my annoyance had to tell dcs it was a no go (i do get discount too).
The boss confirmed the ban was still on.
I had heard of others going there but rules are rules.
This morning i see pics of glasses and alcohol bottles saying what a fab eve most the managers have had where i work !!when i questioned it i was told the boss had served them all.
I do have more to worry about but find it infuriating that they bent the rules for a piss up and i cant enjoy a coke in the place ive worked for over 10 yrs.Staff meeting sunday will be interesting angry

ShadowFire Sat 13-Jun-15 14:28:26

I'm confused.

You're banned from eating or drinking ever at your workplace, even when you're there as a customer and not working that day?

Seems odd if that's the case.

onadifferentplanet Sat 13-Jun-15 14:39:50

I am also confused as to why you would get a discount that you can't actually use?

TwinkieTwinkle Sat 13-Jun-15 14:42:28

I'm having trouble understanding your post. Do you work in a bar/restaurant and you're not allowed to consume food or drinks when you're not working? But the managers do? You're not allowed to be a customer at the place you work?

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:43:02

yes it is to stop bar staff giving double alcohol i guess and charging for less to "friends colleagues surely this is weird if im only wanting 3 colas i may have to ask head office its just the best place around and i couldnt afford it before makes me sad i cant take dcs there they love it.

AhoyMcCoy Sat 13-Jun-15 14:44:39

I worked in a pub before with that rule - staff were not allowed to be customers, ever, even on their days off. Management were concerned other staff could be under charging or giving free drinks etc to their staff member friends so you were barred from drinking or eating at your work place on your time off. Silly rule.

paxtecum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:46:02

But of course it's fine for the managers, but not for the lowly workers.

Yes, not really fair at all.
They are in danger of loosing the goodwill of their staff.

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:47:38

i cant go there as a customer but can work 38 hrs there and it will be DFs last summer though i think it would finish him off as he thinks the boss is a bully and hopes i resign asap.I am a middle aged woman who hardly drink alcohol just an odd double standard rule as someone elses sister went there after her wedding and my colleague was a guest and bought lots of alcohol.

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:50:45

they are in danger of me not working double shift on my dfs last fathers day due to accidentley allowing 3 managers hols as they didnt realise it was fathers day...any of them confused !

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 15:11:53

Surely if you bend the rules common sense tell you not to stick photos all over facebook where the minions can see it ?

AlternativeTentacles Sat 13-Jun-15 15:13:59

Surely if you bend the rules

But the management make the rules, so are allowed to bend them. They are the management!

KurriKurri Sat 13-Jun-15 15:17:35

Well if the discount is factored into your wage and you are not allowed to use it, then I think you should all approach the manager and say you want something in lieu of your discount. Management sound like arseholes.

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 15:20:33

you are so right so i guess they can manage without me covering the fact their head chef walked out due to unfairness.I have helped them too much while they ve taken advantage of my good nature and the fact i love working.Makes me wonder why we have meeting s with rules then the 6/7 Managers dont have to follow.No wonder 7 workers quit.

whatisforteamum Sat 13-Jun-15 15:22:03

i can use the 20% at the nearest place miles away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now