Talk

Advanced search

Parking - WIBU?

(14 Posts)
SewingBox Fri 12-Jun-15 17:42:31

I had a job interview this morning and the last thing I needed was something extra to get flustered about!

About 15 mins before I was due to leave I noticed a car was parked partly across my driveway. I went out and had a look and it was about 1 foot over my car, which was about a foot away from the wall on the other side, so it's possible that given enough manoeuvring. I could have squeezed past.

It was sportsday at the school across the road, so I called them. They were very apologetic and the head made an announcement asking them to move.

Which they did, very promptly, but they made it clear they though I was being unreasonable. Was I?

NinkyNonkers Fri 12-Jun-15 17:43:13

Not in my opinion.

Tutu1000 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:43:40

No you weren't, they should have parked over your driveway at all. They are luckily you didn't have them towed away, which is what happened to a friend when they parked a foot over someone's driveway.

MirandaGoshawk Fri 12-Jun-15 17:44:34

No, YANBU. The driver should have parked more considerately. I expect the parent was harrassed too & took a punt that you wouldn't want to move your car.

Pipbin Fri 12-Jun-15 17:46:50

They parked over your drive and you couldn't get out. They can get to fuck.

CoogerAndDark Fri 12-Jun-15 17:50:22

No, you weren't BU. Hope they missed e race their DC was in so they get the meaning of 'inconvenience' for next time.

jerryfudd Fri 12-Jun-15 17:51:40

You shouldn't have to mess about with several manoeuvres and time wasting to get off your own drive. You've presumably paid/pay to have a house with a drive and dropped kerb etc so you were completely right to tell them to shift it. Maybe if they don't want the humiliation again they'll park without causing obstruction

Rainicorn Fri 12-Jun-15 17:51:44

Not unreasonable at all.

How did your interview go?

SewingBox Fri 12-Jun-15 18:01:50

I got it Raincorn!

Rainicorn Fri 12-Jun-15 18:03:21

Well done!

MythicalKings Fri 12-Jun-15 18:03:43

YWNBU in the least.

ApeMan Fri 12-Jun-15 18:29:17

Car owner was a pizzle. Did you get the job? Fingers crossed for you.

The5DayChicken Fri 12-Jun-15 18:33:42

You got yourself a new job and pissed off an inconsiderate parker, all in the space of a few hours.

It's been a good day grin. Congratulations. Have a wine

roughtyping Fri 12-Jun-15 18:39:19

YANBU. The police turned up at our school recently because parents had parked over driveways - I'm glad they came, no one should be doing that and the parents had fair warning that parking was restricted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now