Talk

Advanced search

To think that Amazon are taking the piss?

(10 Posts)
MrsSchadenfreude Fri 12-Jun-15 17:26:31

DD2's sports bra broke at the weekend, and rather than go round the shops, I ordered one for Amazon to deliver on Sunday. I actually ordered two, in different sizes, and if one didn't fit, was going to send it back. Luckily one did fit, I went onto the Amazon website to return the other one, and they are charging me £6.01 for the pleasure of doing so. There is no way to avoid this charge, every option - Collect +, Royal Mail has the same price. I don't think it would cost me more than £3 max to send it back in the post, but I'm not given this option. The bloody bra cost £20, so I'm paying £6.01 for the joy of DD2 trying it on, shoving it in an envelope and returning it, and they are refunding me £13.99.

They can fuck right off, and I am cancelling my Prime. I wasn't advised anywhere that it would cost me this much to send it back - everything else I've sent back to Amazon has been free to send - you just print off the label and take it to Collect + or the post office.

soupey1 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:28:34

I thought for goods ordered online you had seven days to change your mind and they couldn't charge you to return?

WipsGlitter Fri 12-Jun-15 17:29:32

Is it a subsidiary seller?

Theas18 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:31:32

This has hit to be a subsidiary seller not Amazon themselves.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 12-Jun-15 17:38:14

No, it's Amazon themselves, not a subsidiary seller.

Quills Fri 12-Jun-15 17:54:46

Then I suggest you contact customer service - as you say, it should be free to return. Amazon CS have always been superb when I've needed to utilise them.

HaPPy8 Fri 12-Jun-15 18:14:51

Is it because it takes your order value below the 20£ spend you need for free delivery now? So you are being charged the delivery price IYSWIM?

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 12-Jun-15 18:22:15

Apparently you have to pay for the return postage if the item isn't damaged, incorrect or defective. Well this is new... I wouldn't object so much if I had the option to pay for the return postage myself, but to be charged £6 is a joke. It was part of a bigger delivery, and I kept the other stuff, so the whole order was over £20.

NinkyNonkers Fri 12-Jun-15 18:30:56

If you return the whole order it should be free under distance selling, not if you keep part of it.

charlestonchaplin Fri 12-Jun-15 19:14:06

The advice posters are giving you is wrong. The Distance Selling Regulations give you 14 days to cancel the order and if you do so your original postage must be refunded. The cost of returning the item is down to you. I think it is generous that the 'pain' is shared when the customer simply changes their mind.

The problem here is that Amazon forces you to pay a ridiculous amount to print off their returns label, rather than letting you return the item 'independently'. With all the changes at Amazon I am quite wary of them now, and I'm finding things cheaper elsewhere which surprises me a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now