Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that Tesco's should be just as efficient when things go wrong?

(4 Posts)
Lavenderice Fri 12-Jun-15 17:09:37

Last Sunday evening I ordered a pair of trousers from the Tesco website and arranged to pick them up in store. About an hour after I ordered them I checked my email confirmation and realised I had ordered them in navy instead of black. My fault, I should really pay more attention! So I emailed straight back to ask if I could change my order. I thought that as this was a Sunday evening there was no way they would have processed my order so thought there would be no problem with the change.

On Monday morning I received a voicemail to say that it was too late to change my order and I was advised to order them in the right colour, wait until I had been notified that both pairs had come into the store and arrange a refund for the navy pair while I was there.

On Tuesday I received a text and an email informing me the navy ones were in store. Yesterday I received a text and an email to say the black pair was in store. All great I thought, good customer service.

I went to the store today and was told that the Tuesday delivery had gone missing and that I could either re-order the navy pair or get a refund. I explained that as I was going to return them anyway I would just take the refund straight away. The lady then said no problem, it'll be in my account within 3-5 days.

Now, I know there are reasons (that I don't understand) about why when they can take the money from your account instantly it takes that long for them to put it back, but I think I should have been told they weren't there in the first place and I could have asked for the refund earlier. Surely if they can tell me in two different ways that they are there somebody could have let me know they were not? If I had wanted them it would have been a completely wasted trip to pick them up. Before I write a strongly worded email tell me if I'm reasonable or just a moody cow.

Lavenderice Fri 12-Jun-15 17:10:05

Ooh long and completely trivial. Sorry!

AnyoneForTennis Fri 12-Jun-15 17:27:22

How would the staff in store know you wanted a refund though?

RedCrayons Fri 12-Jun-15 17:31:21

If be mildly irritated if they said they'd be in store and they weren't. But as you didn't want them anyway, no real harm done.
It does piss me off that it takes an extra day to get a refund tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now