Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if it's too late for justice for this poor little boy?

(8 Posts)
ReputableBiscuit Fri 12-Jun-15 14:59:36

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/11/rikki-neave-police-fresh-appeal-boy-naked-woodland-peterborough-estate-1994

I remember this child's murder 21 years ago, the trial and acquittal, the horrible details about his home life.

Do you think anything will come out so long after the event? I wonder if any other mumsnet posters still think about him, as I find myself doing from time to time. Poor kid.

ReputableBiscuit Fri 12-Jun-15 17:18:28

Nobody?

AnyoneForTennis Fri 12-Jun-15 17:20:41

I think it might. Hope so

I remember his face and really, it's been that long? Yes, the details were awful

Blueandwhitelover Fri 12-Jun-15 17:47:43

I remember this case, didn't his Mum serve a fairly long time for the appalling neglect of him?? (I might be wrong there-haven't clicked on the link)

kissmethere Fri 12-Jun-15 17:49:21

Yes I think there will be. It's been happening with the advance on dna over the so I hope so.
God rest his soul.

Blueandwhitelover Fri 12-Jun-15 17:51:52

Just read the article, I wonder why on earth if there was a sex ring operating in the area and a child was allegedly tied to trees, anyone in their right mind would have let their children out of their sight

Tinkerisdead Fri 12-Jun-15 17:59:44

I was only thinking about this case a few weeks ago as I did safeguarding training. I come from Peterborough and I remember this case. I hope they can solve it.

juneau Fri 12-Jun-15 18:10:26

I don't think its too late. Hopefully someone who felt they couldn't come forward 20 years ago will now be in a position to do so. These cold case reviews can be very successful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now