Talk

Advanced search

To ask for tips on finishing moviprep?

(9 Posts)
WombatStewForTea Thu 11-Jun-15 17:34:39

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I'm on my first glass of movi prep and I'm struggling! It tastes so rank even holding my nose and using a straw isn't helping. Has anyone got any tips to make it less gross?

CrohnicallyInflexible Thu 11-Jun-15 18:03:10

Add squash. Chill it. Glug it back as quick as possible and 'chase' it with straight squash.

Seriously, the quicker you can drink it the better.

Just be warned, it tastes worse coming back up than it does going down, so if you really feel like you're going to hurl, stop for a bit. After the Moviprep gets to work, you'll find anything you drink goes straight through you so drinking lots of water or squash will help flush you out.

Good luck! Drinking the Moviprep is definitely the worst part, the toilet trips and the actual scope are nothing in comparison.

WombatStewForTea Thu 11-Jun-15 19:14:23

Thanks! Adding squash has made it much easier to drink!

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 11-Jun-15 19:20:25

I don't have any tips to make it more palatable in afraid. Even with squash it's hard to drink. Just try and glug it back as gross as it is. When your bottom juice is running clear it doesn't matter if you don't finish every last bit.
Good luck

SingingSamosa Thu 11-Jun-15 19:34:27

As an old hat at Moviprep I can advise making it up well in advance of drinking it, adding an unfeasible amount of orange barley water (not lemon as it is too similar to the prep) and then putting the whole lot in the fridge for at least an hour. Drink a pint glass of it with two straws, shoved as far back in your mouth as possible.

I quite often only manage to drink 1.5 of the 2 litres and it does its job just fine. Make sure your phone is fully charged and you have a stack of books in the loo!!

SingingSamosa Thu 11-Jun-15 19:34:57

Just make sure you don't add red or black squash!!

emwithme Thu 11-Jun-15 20:23:45

Add lemon squash and make it as cold as you can - then just glug like you've never glugged before.

Make sure you have something to rest your feet on in the bathroom, something to read, and REALLY soft loo roll.

WombatStewForTea Thu 11-Jun-15 21:19:51

Thanks folks I'm glugging my way through the 2nd litre! I've got netflix on my iPad keeping me company!

edwinbear Thu 11-Jun-15 22:31:29

Can't help with the Moviprep consumption, I struggled with it, vile stuff (colon was perfect next morning mind, so it did the job. But I can provide some brilliant reading material - good luck tomorrow.

www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now