Talk

Advanced search

Am I being over sensitive?

(13 Posts)
BeeRayKay Wed 10-Jun-15 18:31:10

AIBU to think this is pretty bad? (DISCLAIMER: THISIS NOT MY POST, ITS ON A FB GROUP)

How do you handle a new neighbour who seems to enjoy flashing her more than ample naked body?
My kitchen sink is right by my kitchen window, the new neighbour's back bedroom window is adjacent. A couple of weeks ago something caught my eye as I was washing up a few things, it was her opening the curtains. The image of her bingo wings and sagging back fat has since been etched in my mind. Then today I was washing up again and got a full frontal (naked) of her more than ample bosom as she actually hung out of the window to shake something. Body beautiful she aint!
Is there a polite or subtle way to tell her to cover up or do I just tell her straight?

42andGaffaTape Wed 10-Jun-15 18:33:34

Are you the woman?

42andGaffaTape Wed 10-Jun-15 18:35:02

Person who wrote it is just being mean and trying failing at humour. Unless you know the naked woman and you can have a word I wouldn't really let it bother me.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Wed 10-Jun-15 18:48:49

Would you be so bothered if nudey woman wasn't overweight?

Sirzy Wed 10-Jun-15 18:50:49

Don't look up at her bedroom window then! Put a blind on your kitchen window.

toomuchtooold Wed 10-Jun-15 18:55:35

Nah you're right, it's a nasty post, but I predict what is going to happen now is you'll be flamed for 5 pages from all the people who misread your post and think those views are yours!

AuntyMag10 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:55:52

Why does it bother you op?

BeeRayKay Wed 10-Jun-15 18:59:55

Why does it bother me?

Because I think the woman who posted the question was being unnecessarily cruel. She could have just said "my new neighbour keeps hanging out of her window naked, what can I do?" why all the nasty extras?

But I was genuinely curious as to see if I was being ridiculous in finding it offensive. When I debated it with her she kept saying "it was just banter" etc. And when she called me teh PC brigade I was ...shocked. I'm usually the last person accused of that.

But I am aware that sometimes I don't see the social cues. But I keep thinking that the woman in question could very easily stumble over it, and then how would she feel?

molyholy Wed 10-Jun-15 19:02:49

Anyone who uses the word 'banter' to allude to something they have written/said, is a bellend and should be ignored.

MsInterpreted Wed 10-Jun-15 19:13:40

Banter = cowards word for bullying. Just another reason I'm happy not to be on fakebook.

MsInterpreted Wed 10-Jun-15 19:15:12

Oh and OP, fwiw I consider political correctness good manners and indicative of tolerance. People use it as an insult but I'm more than happy to be called PC. smile

Sirzy Wed 10-Jun-15 19:15:50

People seem to think that "banter" means they can say whatever the want with no thinking of the consequences and anyone who disagrees is miserable.

NRomanoff Wed 10-Jun-15 19:44:36

Its a nasty post. I am confused as to why it offends you though. I get you don't like it, I don't either. But I wouldn't feel offended by it. Annoyed yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now