Talk

Advanced search

To think your cant lose 7lb in 2 days

(12 Posts)
Headdesk Wed 10-Jun-15 16:21:11

I have a friend on one of those pyramid scheme forever living type cleanse things and he said he's apparently lost 7lb in two days. Is this even possible or is it just something the company tells him to write to round up more business? (Having previously read about those schemes on threads on here)

Magicalmrmistofeles Wed 10-Jun-15 16:24:10

You can and I have. The problem is as soon as you eat any you know, actual food, it goes back on. It'll mostly be glycogen loss, not fat.

As for forever living I can't abide them so don't know the specifics of whatever they are trying to inflict on you!smile

Gottagetmoving Wed 10-Jun-15 16:24:37

I doubt you could lose 7lb of FAT in 2 days. You would need to burn thousands of calories.
You probably lose fluid.
The only way to lose weight is to change your eating habits and become more active.

FluffyPersian Wed 10-Jun-15 16:25:07

I imagine some people’s bodies might be able to lose that, however that could be 6lbs of water and 1lb of actual ‘weight’ if the 2 days involve no calorie intake at all. Don’t you need to reduce your eating by 3,500 calories to lose 1lb? In which case, if you eat nothing for 2 days, just drink water (or whatever liquid they’re telling you to drink), then maybe that’s going to be enough to lose 2lbs, however as us women are only supposed to be eating 2,000 calories a day… unless you also do exercise … I still think it’s highly unlikely.

Maybe 2 out of every 100 people will be 7lbs lighter or something?

That being said, I think it’s a very unhealthy, drastic and rather silly way of doing things, as soon as your body gets nutrition again, surely it will want to hold onto all the fat as it thinks it’s going into starvation mode?

Headdesk Wed 10-Jun-15 16:26:31

I am not at all interested in doing it, I am slimming world fan, lost 8 stone on it. Just seemed a bit extreme to lose 7lb in two days

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Wed 10-Jun-15 16:26:53

I have lost similar amounts of weight, several times, at the beginning of a low-carb diet. Most of it is water weight.

EllenWheels Wed 10-Jun-15 16:28:44

I've "lost" 7 lbs between pre pee in the evening and post pee the next morning - obviously I didn't actually lose any weight, I just lost fluids via sweating and the obvious. Certainly possible - it just isn't fat he's losing.

vindscreenviper Wed 10-Jun-15 16:29:20

I think DS1 loses about that much weight when he does one of his huge toilet-blocking logs angry

LadyCatherinedeBourgh Wed 10-Jun-15 16:30:24

I just lost 4lbs in 2 days on SW. To be fair I expect it's mainly fluid and I was eating/drinking badly before.

As people have said it's keeping it going that's hard!

LurkingHusband Wed 10-Jun-15 16:31:20

I vaguely recall something about 3500 [K]calories makes a lb.

RDA is c. 1800 calories for women, c, 2100 for men.

So even starving yourself for a day (not really recommended), will only lose a maximum of about 1/2 lb.

Common advice is to aim for 100-200 calories shortfall a day - leading to a weight loss rate of about 1/2 lb a week.

However, I can weigh myself last thing at night, and "lose" 3-4 lbs come next morning. Simply by breathing. Of course it immediately re-appears as you start to replace the lost fluid.

It should be a well known fact that you can lose quite a few lbs by simply dehydrating.

Science. It's a nuisance isn't it ?

SocksRock Wed 10-Jun-15 16:33:17

Campylobacter from undercooked chicken. 12lbs in 4 days but I would seriously not recommend it...

Cantwaittogonholiday Wed 10-Jun-15 16:38:32

I can vary in weight by 5-6 lbs from evening to morning - but that's perimenopause and night sweats for you. Maybe I should market it as a weight loss programme....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now