Talk

Advanced search

to think that if it bothers him he should deal with it

(16 Posts)
bath101 Wed 10-Jun-15 15:20:56

SO ds3 has just turned 2. He has lovely blonde hair which has only been cut once. I was very reluctantly to cut it anyway and when I did it was a challenge. So dh is always saying how his hair needs cutting but refuses point blank to take him to the barbers when he takes the older two boys.
aibu to think he shouldn't moan if he is not prepared to take him for a haircut.

slicedfinger Wed 10-Jun-15 15:22:36

YANBU.

AuntyMag10 Wed 10-Jun-15 15:23:02

Yanbu at all.

BeenWondering Wed 10-Jun-15 15:25:55

This is one of those threads that should come with a 'not a real issue alert.'

Yes he shouldn't moan but if it needs cutting then take him yourself.

Neither you or your DH is being unreasonable in context. But you're both being unreasonable to make this an issue.

TwerkingSpinster Wed 10-Jun-15 15:34:05

God been, go and read something earth shattering then and leave the rest if us to be normal helpful.

Allbymyselfagain Wed 10-Jun-15 15:56:32

Why does he take the older two and not the youngest? What's his reason for leaving the little one out?

OnlyLovers Wed 10-Jun-15 15:59:57

Yes, why does he refuse? confused How weird.

Been, you don't have to read and comment on threads that bore you so, you know.

Gottagetmoving Wed 10-Jun-15 16:03:00

DH doesnt want to take him - You don't want his hair cut,..Its a win-win.

Purplepoodle Wed 10-Jun-15 16:19:20

You said you were reluctant to cut it. Don't really blame your dh for not taking him as he knows whatever barber does u won't like it.

bath101 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:26:56

Good point purple I was reluctant the 1st time purple so he could be picking up on this but do appreciate it did look better after cutting (even if it was abit of an ordeal). I will probably sort something out this week as I only work very part time. This time I suggested bringing ds3 buthe refused.
I guess I just feel that dh is a fair weather parent. He likes doing the fun stuff but really can't be bothered with the more diffult stuff like toddler haircuts and night wakings etc etc.

OnlyLovers Wed 10-Jun-15 16:30:42

I guess I just feel that dh is a fair weather parent. He likes doing the fun stuff but really can't be bothered with the more diffult stuff like toddler haircuts and night wakings etc etc.

So it isn't really/just about hair?

Just tell him if he wants the hair cut he can fucking well take HIS child to have it done; otherwise he needs to give it a rest.

partialderivative Wed 10-Jun-15 16:40:29

If it was solely down to you OP, how long would you wait until your DS gets his next haircut?

bath101 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:47:27

It will be done in the next 2 weeks.

partialderivative Wed 10-Jun-15 17:34:27

2 weeks! And you are having a row about it?!

Wh0dathunkit Wed 10-Jun-15 18:07:18

Could be worse - your DP could bung him in the bath & give him a grim bowl cut like my DB and I had to endure until we were well into double digits! At least there's a chance of a barber's involvement at some point grin

bath101 Wed 10-Jun-15 19:30:22

If he bunged any of our children in the bath I would probably faint with shock. Not rowing over it just musing situation after both he and inlaws had a pop about how his hair needs cutting and how both mil snd sil said it would be so much easier if I had taken him more regularly. I did point out that I specifically asked dh to take him but he refused. But it my job according to them apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now