Talk

Advanced search

bloody mumsnet giving week palava

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SayThisOnlyOnce Wed 10-Jun-15 13:11:11

I think mumsnet giving week is AWESOME but I had to click backwards and forwards all over justgiving to give a small donation to each charity.

Would have been much easier to give one lump sum with a tickbox for 'share between all causes'.

Anyway thank you mn for matching the donations and letting us pick the good causes. But come on justgiving and sort out the tech!

cozietoesie Wed 10-Jun-15 13:22:17

It's good that they're matching anyway.

cozietoesie Wed 10-Jun-15 13:25:05

Here's the thread in Site Stuff for anyone who isn't sure about the list of charities which MNers nominated.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-15 14:45:04

SayThisOnlyOnce

I think mumsnet giving week is AWESOME but I had to click backwards and forwards all over justgiving to give a small donation to each charity.

Would have been much easier to give one lump sum with a tickbox for 'share between all causes'.

Anyway thank you mn for matching the donations and letting us pick the good causes. But come on justgiving and sort out the tech!

This one is on us we're afraid - in fact just before we spotted this thread, the lovely JaneMumsnet wondered out loud whether we should have made it easier for people to donate one sum to be distributed between all five! We'll see if we can sort this out for next year.

And for anyone who doesn't know about it yet - please do have a look

Thanks
MNHQ

ouryve Wed 10-Jun-15 14:50:24

I did worry about my credit card getting blocked after putting something towards each one, this morning. I sat there thinking "this is going to get flagged as suspicious activity."

cozietoesie Wed 10-Jun-15 15:11:27

Nah - you should be OK. My cc company are given to phoning up at the drop of a hat and they allowed me to do it without apparent comment. Apparent that is - Gawd knows what they were saying behind the scenes.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-15 15:23:36

Mine actually rang me when I was in the middle of processing an online payment for a Rather Expensive Handbag <coughs>

Bank: 'Hello, is that RowanMumsnet?'
me: 'Yes'
Bank: 'This is Your Bank. Are you currently trying to buy a Very Expensive Handbag online?'
me <small voice>'Er, yes. Sorry about that.'

cozietoesie Wed 10-Jun-15 15:35:58

Hah! I was stopped in the middle of trying to buy £18.63 worth of groceries at the Co-op - admittedly a slightly different Co-op to the one I would normally use. They actually wanted to speak to me at the till!

I must just have a shifty account profile for some reason. sad

SayThisOnlyOnce Thu 11-Jun-15 13:00:39

Oops sorry MN blush

I had the same worry about my payment card. Seems to be alright though.

electionfatigue Thu 11-Jun-15 13:10:26

I never understand how banks work out what is suspicious. I never use my debit card - the only times I've used it in the last few years was to pay off a chunk of our mortgage and put down a deposit on a car. Both several thousand pounds on a card that isn't otherwise used. I was quite peeved that the bank didn't ring to check!

southwest1 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:37:38

You can do that with Virgin Money Giving and they take less of the donation than Just Giving do, and don't charge a monthly fee either.

It does mean the charities need to be registered with Virgin Giving and not all are (we swapped as we then get more of the money) and then mumsnet world need to set up a fundraising page and chose the charities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now