Talk

Advanced search

Confused....

(5 Posts)
orchid15 Wed 10-Jun-15 12:35:10

Fairly new to AIBU - seemed to notice many threads with far fetched story lines, different usernames and the same sign off? Do you get a lot of people making stuff up here? confused

Aermingers Wed 10-Jun-15 12:35:47

Yes. confused

WorraLiberty Wed 10-Jun-15 12:40:30

I've just asked Naomi Campbell's opinion on this (since she's popped in for a cup of tea) and she said, "No, don't be stupid".

Getthewonderwebout Wed 10-Jun-15 12:42:33

Same sign off? I've never noticed sign offs at all, let alone with the same sign offs.

BeenWondering Wed 10-Jun-15 12:45:00

Well there are a few givens about this:

Yes there will always be storytellers - some of them will slip up and reveal their other identities i.e. other names. I might add that it's not a crime.

Further to my point above, quite a few made-up threads have made it into the classics section of MN so storytellers aren't necessarily all GFs. Though they may have a lot of time on their hands and an active imagination that's about it.

There are guidelines in place that invite you to report a thread you view as suspicious for whatever reason.

It's an online public forum, not a court of law so try not to get too invested or over think things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now