Talk

Advanced search

To be completely panicked about this holiday and my partners attitude to it?

(22 Posts)
LondonLady29 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:06:57

This is going to sound weird been married to DH for three years but never Ben on Bach holiday together so far. I'm going on a beach holiday with DH and some of his couple friends. My idea of hell. All clubbing away, naked or almost naked. I don't even like clubbing! I thought the holiday would be beach in the day then restaurants and the odd bar on the eve. It's the comment about the way everyone looks that makes me feel awful. I said this and his response is (ridiculous) that I'm perfect blah blah blah. Thing is I'm NOT. At all. So self conscious next to them and not toned. I'm not just saying this. I eat ok and exercise but nothing major. I'm having a panic attack now I feel I'm going to be judged all holiday and feel like the one they have to pretend with all the while critiquing other people. Don't want to go now. HELP.

[edited by MNHQ]

Collaborate Wed 10-Jun-15 09:09:02

A beach is only full of "beautiful people" in films. In real life you'll see all sorts.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:14:44

hang on wait you and another couple are going on holiday together and people are naked all the time?

I think you may have more to consider than whether you are 'beach ready' or not.

WorraLiberty Wed 10-Jun-15 09:17:00

Did he really say the words "everyone is so beautiful and perfect" (odd thing to say), or is that what you got from the conversation?

I'm wondering if your self esteem took words from the conversation that weren't actually said?

Either way, Collaborate is right. Beaches have all sorts of people on them, mostly just relaxing and having a good time.

Charley50 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:22:05

That would make me feel insecure too, however it was meant, as I'm insecure about my looks. My advice is to get a lovely floaty kaftan, flattering swimwear, nice shades, maybe self tan before going on holiday (if you are white or pale), get your haircut before going away and have fun on a lovely holiday in the sun.

JeanSeberg Wed 10-Jun-15 09:24:30

Did you have any say in this holiday at the time of booking? Have you googled the resort to see exactly what it is?

Naked clubbing? Really?

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:38:52

Ex DH and I nearly booked a fortnight at the Blue Bay Getaway in Cancun.

thank god for Trip Advisor.

juneau Wed 10-Jun-15 11:22:11

Blimey - where are you going? Clubbing - Ibiza? I suppose people are pretty skimpily dressed, but just wear what makes you comfortable and opt in/out of whatever you want. Its your holiday too.

juneau Wed 10-Jun-15 11:24:07

And yes - follow Charley's advice about clothes and a bit of pre-holiday pampering. Get your hair and nails done, spray tan, etc. All will make you feel better and a bit more prepared for your beach holiday.

Laquitar Wed 10-Jun-15 11:28:25

On a practical level a self tan can make you feel better.

But i agree with Jean. Did you have any say regarding the holiday and who you go with?

Hoppinggreen Wed 10-Jun-15 11:34:14

There will be people who look better than you and people who look worse than you.
Do a bit of grooming if you think it will make you feel better but I would've more concerned about " everyone" bring naked all the time - what's that about?
And you don't have to go clubbing every night if you dont want to, you aren't 18 presumably

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Wed 10-Jun-15 11:39:30

If you are holidaying in Europe then the people who are likely to be naked all the time are elderly German naturists

BertrandRussell Wed 10-Jun-15 11:40:24

Who chose the holiday?

Lucyccfc Wed 10-Jun-15 11:42:46

No, no, no to the spray tan before you go. Chlorine or salt water does. It mix with fake tan. Makes it go all blotchy - it's awful.

I have been on loads of beach holidays and apart from Rio (Brazil) I have never seen 100% of the women looking glamorous! perfect and slim. They all look like me - pale, with a few bumps and lumps in the wrong places lol.

I wear a nice swimsuit, with tummy control and have some nice kaftans and sun glasses.

Go and treat yourself and enjoy your holiday.

You don't need to go clubbing every night - I suspect your DH and his friends won't want to do that every night anyway. Way too tiring.

LondonLady29 Wed 10-Jun-15 17:35:12

Thanks everyone - I feel better now just had a complete meltdown this morning. Have since been online and bought some suitable (I hope) dresses etc. The naked clubbing thing is weird, basically a video of people on a beach all dancing away naked, ugh x

Ouchbloodyouch Wed 10-Jun-15 18:03:01

Where on earth are you going? ? confused

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 10-Jun-15 18:07:16

Not Skeggie then?

Charley50 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:08:06

Dancing people look better with clothes on than naked. Even barely there clothes. Yeah.. Where are you going?

Charley50 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:09:09

grin at Skeggie. Glad you're feeling better though London

Spog Wed 10-Jun-15 18:15:01

Where are you going? is it ibiza?

RhiWrites Wed 10-Jun-15 18:15:29

I betcha all those gym bunny folk feel just as self conscious about their bodies.

Get in the mood by listening to some club music so that when you're there you'll recognise some of it and feel at home. There's some great stuff charting right now.

ttc2015 Wed 10-Jun-15 20:24:20

You will be fine. Get some maxi dresses, some nice sandals and some flattering swimsuit and bikinis. I echoes the 'some will look worse and some better', last time i went (3 years back) I had a great '0' pack while my friend was a '6' packer! I felt slightly frumpy until she mentioned how much she wished she had my admittedly large boobs. So despite being all toned she was self concious too!

Plus we had several naked people n our beach who were somewhat less good looking when the clothes came off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now