...to not shave higher than my knees?

(150 Posts)
SingingSamosa Wed 10-Jun-15 00:03:38

I recently told* some of friends, at a group we go to, that when I shave my legs, I only do my big toes my lower legs and occasionally my knees. Apparently this is highly unusual and very odd behaviour on my part! I have very fine and fair hair on my thighs (despite being very dark haired) and so have never felt the need to shave them.

Is this odd and unreasonable behaviour? I'm surely not alone in this?

*it came up randomly in conversation, I didn't just sit there and blurt it out!

brittabot Wed 10-Jun-15 00:04:36

Nope YANBU, I do the same

TendonQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 00:05:22

I don't either. Why would anyone? I also have fair hair so can't be bothered.

TheChandler Wed 10-Jun-15 00:06:19

How hairy are your friends? I didn't even know this was possible (other than obvious nether parts). Hairy knees? Hairy hamstrings?

Fatmomma99 Wed 10-Jun-15 00:07:45

I also only shave the front, and very rarely the back of my calves. AND I was complimented during labour about smooth my legs were (I did shave with contractions, but very patchily, and i only do the front in any case).

Anyone who criticizes you is surely a yeti!

The rest of us just have normal amounts of hair!

mrsmeerkat Wed 10-Jun-15 00:08:03

Yanbu I don't wear short skirts An the hair is soft. If I was going to wear a knee length skirt I would veet three quarters high

ScOffasDyke Wed 10-Jun-15 00:08:47

It's possibly a "youth thing" to shave above the knees, there's a lot of pressure to be hair free these days. So my DD20 says.
Up to knees only for me

tabulahrasa Wed 10-Jun-15 00:09:13

I'm pretty sure I am in fact a yeti...and I still only shave to my knees, unless I was planning on wearing a swimsuit, but then I'd have to buy a swimsuit...

SumThucker Wed 10-Jun-15 00:13:28

No I do top to bottom, can't see the point in doing a half-arsed job.
(I don't look like Mr Tumnus, I also have fair hair at the top half)

Sapat Wed 10-Jun-15 00:16:04

Up to knees only too!

CrispyFern Wed 10-Jun-15 00:17:21

I know some people who shave their arms even.

DustBunnyFarmer Wed 10-Jun-15 00:18:24

Love the reference to Mr Tumnus, Sum!

Lweji Wed 10-Jun-15 00:20:27

I think it's fine.

Sadly, I also need to shave my thighs. sad But I only do it for the beach, or a short skirt.

daftbesom Wed 10-Jun-15 00:23:59

Only up to the knees - and I have dark hair! But it's much less coarse above the knee. I have a cousin who waxes her arms and I'm just never going to go there!

geekymommy Wed 10-Jun-15 00:24:23

I only really have visible leg hair up to my knees.

Bair Wed 10-Jun-15 00:27:01

If I shaved everything that had hair on it I'd be on all day. Lower legs and pits when I'm getting them out. I haven't the time to shave everything with hair on it.

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Wed 10-Jun-15 00:27:22

I personally do more. Some of my friends do nothing. So long as you are happy do whatever you like!

Underbeneathsies Wed 10-Jun-15 00:45:25

When I get my legs waxed they whip it all off, but inbetween waxing, I only shave to my knees, or a little bit over my knees if I'm going to wear shorts/ mini skirt.

If I'm swimming regularly I get them waxed as its longer lasting and they can tidy up my Bikini line which I'm too much of a wuss to do myself

MrsGentlyBenevolent Wed 10-Jun-15 00:47:22

I only do to my knees. Honestly, my leg hair is so fine, and grows so slowly, I can easily go a week without shaving, my partner doesn't even notice. Do thighs even get hairy (I mean beyond usual fine hairs)?

ToysRLuv Wed 10-Jun-15 00:50:29

Well, I am a yeti, but only ever do the minimum needed. If I had fair fine hair on my thigs, I would never shave them. That's sadly not what the truth is.

DrLego Wed 10-Jun-15 00:50:49

if it makes you feel better I don't think I have waxed my legs since last August

I am now living in trousers only until I can be bothered to sort it

up to my knees

yes I'm single blush

Mmbop Wed 10-Jun-15 00:58:20

I only do up to my knees. And my knees. Invariably only one knee which I notice hours later blush

fatlazymummy Wed 10-Jun-15 01:10:09

I only do up to my knees. My hair under my knees is quite noticeable, but can barely see it above that level . I shave all year round ,due to swimming. All I do is my underarms, lower legs, and top of my legs. Once a week is enough, apart from underarms, so I do them a bit more often because I don't want any hair there.

AlpacaMyBags Wed 10-Jun-15 01:15:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Notgrumpyjustquiet Wed 10-Jun-15 01:55:19

Ankles to knees during BST, pits most days, nethers every couple of weeks, nips and big toes as and when. Other half has to take me as he finds me happy therefore we're all happy. Wish he'd do his nethers a bit more frequently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now