Talk

Advanced search

Cancelled gigs

(6 Posts)
pinkstinks Tue 09-Jun-15 23:21:37

Aibu to be really upset when one is cancelled an hour before it starts?!
Of course I hope everyone is ok and illness most be taken seriously but we travelled so far and now won't be able to make the rescheduled date sad

Fleetwood Mac btw. Absolutely gutted.

mrsrhodgilbert Tue 09-Jun-15 23:27:17

It did seem to be a particularly late cancellation, I heard about it on the radio but there seemed to be no official announcement. Some people had travelled from switzerland! YANBU, I would be pretty upset too. I saw them last time they were here and am kicking myself for not getting tickets this time. Don't know which of them is ill. What a shame you can't make the new date.

bette06 Tue 09-Jun-15 23:34:01

Try being a Morrissey fan sad

Myricales Wed 10-Jun-15 00:25:20

I'm not totally surprised. Last night there was only one encore even though it was way before curfew (no Songbird) and Buckingham sounded very hoarse (in a wonderful way, but nonetheless). And even by his usual taciturn standards John McVie was particularly withdrawn (and by the way has lost a huge amount of weight: I guess colon cancer and giving up drinking does that). I suspect they've got a collective cold. Given the scale of the tour, messing their voices up would be a very bad idea.

And an immediate reschedule for a few weeks' time is hard to argue with.

TendonQueen Wed 10-Jun-15 00:29:01

Heard on the radio too. I assume they were hoping whoever was ill would recover enough to do the show and then it didn't happen. That is a real pity about the new date.

Myricales Wed 10-Jun-15 00:29:55

Buckingham never re-scheduled the UK tour of a couple of years ago that was cancelled because of poor ticket sales Neil Hayward falling ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now