Talk

Advanced search

To complain to the hairdresser? Or have I left it too late?

(9 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:11:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ginmakesitallok Tue 09-Jun-15 07:13:20

Of course you should go back! Was it a "semi" permanent colour you had put on?

Beeswax2017 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:20:26

ItsTricky Tue 09-Jun-15 08:10:07

Why didn't you book in for the recolour for your return from holiday? Sounds like she would be happy to fix it. Give them a call and explain.

Beeswax2017 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:13:45

SurelyNotEh Tue 09-Jun-15 08:15:15

Agree you should definitely go back! From what you've described, the hairdresser apologised that the colour hadn't worked as expected and wanted to redo it.

I would ring them and say, "Hello, livin here. I had a colour done by Xxx on [date]. Unfortunately the plum colour didn't really work out as expected and she offered to recolour it a few days later, but I was about to go away on holidays so I had to leave it. After 3 washes the plum colour is completely gone and my hair is boring dark brown! I'm now back from holidays and would love to book the recolour now please."

Or something along those lines.

It sounds like they were keen to fix it, you couldn't do it as you were away, so it's not like either of you has been messing the other one around. Just circumstances.

SurelyNotEh Tue 09-Jun-15 08:16:15

Also, it's only been about ten days. Even if there had been nothing wrong with it at the time, a decent hairdresser would be happy to fix the colour if it went wrong after such a short time.

Tigerinthegrass Tue 09-Jun-15 08:19:52

Just tell them what you've told us, I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort the colour for you.

fastdaytears Tue 09-Jun-15 09:36:53

I have really rubbish hair that doesn't take colour well at all. the number of times the poor hairdressers have had to retry it for me and insisted on doing that rather than me leaving not happy. Once it did involve 7 hours in the salon but I appreciated their persistence!

I say be polite and friendly but doing ignore this. It's best for both you and them that they have a chance to put it right.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: