Talk

Advanced search

To complain to the hairdresser? Or have I left it too late?

(9 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 09-Jun-15 07:11:53

A week and a half ago I had my hair cut and coloured ready for my holiday. At the time the hairdresser (not my usual stylist), said that she was disappointed the colour hadnt come out as vibrant as expected (was going for plum), and would I like to book a recolour on the Saturday. I explained Id be in holiday but even though the colour wasnt that vibrant it was still nice.
Fast forward to now. I have washed my hair 3 times, twice on holiday and once yesterday. The 'plum' has completely washed out and my hair is just dark brown.
I know the colour wasnt that vibrant but I expected it to last more than 3 washes.
They were closed when I got back (open today), so, would I be within my rights to now ask for a recolour even though Id said it was ok at the time. Ive never complained and I generally have a good relationship with my hairdresser, Ive had many colours over the years and theyve all been great so I feel a bit guilty complaining. I just think that for what I pay it was really disappointing.

ginmakesitallok Tue 09-Jun-15 07:13:20

Of course you should go back! Was it a "semi" permanent colour you had put on?

LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 09-Jun-15 07:20:26

gin it was definitely a permanent, shed even said that as Id opted for plum rather than red it wont fade out as 'brassy' as red does.

ItsTricky Tue 09-Jun-15 08:10:07

Why didn't you book in for the recolour for your return from holiday? Sounds like she would be happy to fix it. Give them a call and explain.

LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 09-Jun-15 08:13:45

Tricky
I wasnt going to go for a recolour as, even though the colour wasnt really that vibrant it was still nice.

SurelyNotEh Tue 09-Jun-15 08:15:15

Agree you should definitely go back! From what you've described, the hairdresser apologised that the colour hadn't worked as expected and wanted to redo it.

I would ring them and say, "Hello, livin here. I had a colour done by Xxx on [date]. Unfortunately the plum colour didn't really work out as expected and she offered to recolour it a few days later, but I was about to go away on holidays so I had to leave it. After 3 washes the plum colour is completely gone and my hair is boring dark brown! I'm now back from holidays and would love to book the recolour now please."

Or something along those lines.

It sounds like they were keen to fix it, you couldn't do it as you were away, so it's not like either of you has been messing the other one around. Just circumstances.

SurelyNotEh Tue 09-Jun-15 08:16:15

Also, it's only been about ten days. Even if there had been nothing wrong with it at the time, a decent hairdresser would be happy to fix the colour if it went wrong after such a short time.

Tigerinthegrass Tue 09-Jun-15 08:19:52

Just tell them what you've told us, I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort the colour for you.

fastdaytears Tue 09-Jun-15 09:36:53

I have really rubbish hair that doesn't take colour well at all. the number of times the poor hairdressers have had to retry it for me and insisted on doing that rather than me leaving not happy. Once it did involve 7 hours in the salon but I appreciated their persistence!

I say be polite and friendly but doing ignore this. It's best for both you and them that they have a chance to put it right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now