Talk

Advanced search

Experiences of labour stopping and starting...

(10 Posts)
ots Mon 08-Jun-15 23:42:25

DC2 was due on Saturday. For a couple of weeks I've been having pains, tightenings and twinges.
Saturday eve into Sunday I was having pains every 6-7 mins lasting up to 1 minute each. Then they stopped and still haven't returned!

What's going on body? Anyone else had this?

ots Mon 08-Jun-15 23:42:59

So sorry, thought this was in chat. blush

QueenArseClangers Tue 09-Jun-15 06:19:45

I did with my last pregnancy, it was awful!
After a week or so I sat on my birthing ball, got the electric breast pump on and it got my contractions going properly. Gave birth later that night!

goshhhhhh Tue 09-Jun-15 07:16:06

I did with dc2 - two false starts. Waters broke on the Sunday - Labour pains that evening, then again the following day and then he came quite quickly on the Tuesday.

BettyCatKitten Tue 09-Jun-15 09:49:23

I had this when carrying my twins. I had to go to hospital lots of times to try to stop my womb contracting from 6 months.
I had them at 32 weeks.
I was told I had a sensitive womb hmm
Hopefully your baby will be delivered soon smile

DeeWe Tue 09-Jun-15 10:52:39

I had this for most of a day with dc3. We'd packed dc1&2 off with friends and nearly got them back 2 or 3 times. However once it started it was very quick, whereas ny other labours were very slow.

MaximumVolume Tue 09-Jun-15 10:54:42

Sorry to say this, but mine went on from 38-42 weeks! Active labour was very quick if that's any consolation? grin flowers

SorchaN Tue 09-Jun-15 11:55:02

I had something similar with my first labour, and I think it's pretty normal. The other very typical thing that happened to me was that once labour was underway I went to the hospital and the contractions promptly stopped. My waters had broken, so they put me on a drip to get the contractions going again. If your waters haven't broken there's no rush - stay away from the hospital as long as you can!

NoTechnologicalBreakdown Tue 09-Jun-15 12:12:08

I had this with no 2. It's called Braxton Hicks contractions I think. But yes, I had them for 2 weeks. In my case they steadily got stronger and stronger. One word of warning - when baby finally decided he'd had enough practising and wanted out, he came out quite quickly, and of course it's difficult to know when to take it seriously. Trust your instincts on the night, make sure everything is packed and you can leave quickly.

QueenArseClangers Tue 09-Jun-15 12:23:43

Google slow/latent labour.
It's common when you've had a few kids and mine eventually resulted in a super quick birth and a second stage of 2 minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now