Talk

Advanced search

To take my son to Comic Con Manchester?

(19 Posts)
IUseAnyName Mon 08-Jun-15 22:36:50

He's nearly 6, loves super heros. Would he be too young? Anyone been before?

NatashaRomanov Mon 08-Jun-15 22:44:43

Don't know about that one in particular, but we took our then-4year old daughter to a comic convention in Milton Keynes last year.
She loved seeing all the cos-players, and they were all so happy to pose with her. She enjoyed looking round all the stalls too.
It was quite a long day for her really, but luckily we could escape to our car for a lunch time picnic and sit-down!

So I would say, go for it. (unless anyone with better knowledge knows anything particularly bad about the Manchester convention!)

ErrolTheDragon Mon 08-Jun-15 22:49:46

We went to comicon in Manchester last year, there were some little kids. I hadn't known what to expect but it was really rather sweet, youngsters still dressing up. I'd say go for it. smile

StrawberryTot Mon 08-Jun-15 23:37:20

I took my DC's last year when DD was 8 and DS 5. We and they absolutely loved it!!!

My advise though, get early bird tickets, as you don't que anywhere as long as pay on the day. Make sure DS goes the loo before you que and take a packed lunch! Juice and food was ridiculously overpriced. It does get warm and busy so dress accordingly. Although most importantly enjoy yourself!!!!!! grin

SistersofPercy Mon 08-Jun-15 23:37:47

Yes, do it! He'll love it.
If you can dress him up too it will make it extra special as the little ones love the costume parade.

Nettymaniaa Tue 09-Jun-15 06:25:44

Go for it I would. The dressing up is a hoot and people are so friendly.

YouTheCat Tue 09-Jun-15 07:28:29

I go to the Newcastle one. It's so much fun. I second the early bird tickets and taking food.

I've seen plenty of kids at these events. Dress him up. He'll have a blast. grin

FishCanFly Tue 09-Jun-15 08:57:18

Sure do!

CoffeeAndBiscuitsPlease Tue 09-Jun-15 08:58:43

Why did I not know there was one in Manchester sad

monkeymamma Tue 09-Jun-15 09:00:31

Have been to the Leeds one, plenty of kids and things for them to do. At 6 my only worry would be 'kids getting lost in the crowd' risk but then no worse than a very busy shopping centre at Christmas type situation. He will definitely enjoy it!

EuphemiaCoxton Tue 09-Jun-15 09:13:19

Yabu.
Unless you're going to dress him up.
grin

IUseAnyName Tue 09-Jun-15 14:42:11

Great!.... Thanks for the advice strawberry smile.... Earlybird tickets are only £3 more, so worth it smile

IUseAnyName Tue 09-Jun-15 14:42:36

Oh, he has many many costumes to choose from! Its me that'll struggle :/

flora717 Tue 09-Jun-15 14:50:56

My girls have their badges from their first con on their Brownie blankets (3 and 5). They love it all. I highly recommend it if you share an interest like that.

Royalsighness Tue 09-Jun-15 14:59:19

My 2 year old has been twice, this year we will be taking 2 year old and newborn, they really are for everyone!

The Line for the London one is a bit massive though so Wouldnt recommend that with kids, we waited in it before our kids were born and were waiting for about 3 hours

ErrolTheDragon Tue 09-Jun-15 14:59:24

You don't have to dress up. An appropriately geeky t-shirt fits the bill well for the less exhibitionist types.

NKfell Tue 09-Jun-15 15:06:54

I went last year with 21 month Wonder Woman, 5 yr old Batman and 32 yr old Superman...In case you're wondering, I went as a civilian!

Absolutely loved it and will be going again this year!

IUseAnyName Tue 09-Jun-15 17:19:54

Fantastic!
Nkfell our 20 month old will be coming too, I like the idea of wonderwan haha!

NKfell Tue 09-Jun-15 18:19:25

Oh she looked so cute in the little jumpsuit and instead of the boots she had socks over her knees!

You'll have a great time! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now