Talk

Advanced search

To ask how often you and your DH/DP fall out

(108 Posts)
downthekingsway Sun 07-Jun-15 21:39:29

Mine seems to be at least twice a week and then he sulks after so unless I sort it out it seems like we are always fallen out sad

bippityboppitypoo Sun 07-Jun-15 21:43:17

We bicker a lot but we both hate tension, if it's something big we find it better to just have it out and then get on with it

TheRainInTheWoods Sun 07-Jun-15 21:45:43

We bicker loads as well. We properly fall out once in a blue moon though. And if we do, we never, ever sleep on it.

Soduthen116 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:47:05

Rarely. I grew up in a house of warring parents and it was horrible.

Wouldn't do that to my kids so if we are annoyed we go elsewhere for a while to cool off. Them we chat.

Hate sulkers. Pathetic.

downthekingsway Sun 07-Jun-15 21:48:16

We've not long moved in together.. shouldn't be this way. I mean I knew he was moody beforehand and he would sulk for WEEKS!! I thought living together he couldn't do it for weeks and we would make up sooner... hmmm!

ilikebaking Sun 07-Jun-15 21:49:13

Oh we fight every damn day, and love it.
We bicker, quarrel, row, debate, shout.... everything. Like a family (or mine, does).
We always make up and make sure our ds sees and knows this. I also don't tolerate language or real raised voices around him.
We are fiery people and I am difficult and he is deranged ha ha. But we muddle along and care for each other deeply.

ollieplimsoles Sun 07-Jun-15 21:49:26

I'm the sulker in our relationship. I blame pregnancy hormones.

My DH and I rarely have a serious argument. But he is so docile I sometimes pick a little fight with him when I'm frustrated. We always say sorry to each other afterwards. As long as you don't go to bed on an argument.

PeppermintCrayon Sun 07-Jun-15 21:50:37

We don't really. Both quite good at talking stuff out.

wtfisgoingonhere Sun 07-Jun-15 21:51:54

We don't really. . . Might disagree on things but can honestly say in the 8 years we've been together we haven't actually had a single argument

TheOddity Sun 07-Jun-15 21:52:02

We have some kind of disagreement every day, but only a bicker. Can't remember having a full on row and sulking session in 8 years. It blows over in half an hour.

googoodolly Sun 07-Jun-15 21:52:07

We bicker regularly, but never about anything important.

meandjulio Sun 07-Jun-15 21:53:14

Depends what you mean by falling out. We never argue but do annoy each other. When that happens we might snap, and then feel really bad and apologise . we don't cope with conflict which is not ideal but for both of us we would forgive anything rather than quarrel so it does work, sort of.

BettyCatKitten Sun 07-Jun-15 21:53:46

Very rarely fall out but we bicker regularly!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:56:44

Prior to DS arriving we hardly ever, ever fell out.

Since DS's arrival we probably have an argument every few days which leads to us huffing and puffing and stropping with each other. It's always forgotten by the next day but it's never too long before our next bickering episode begins....

Soduthen116 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:56:57

i am difficult and he is deranged grin

BertrandRussell Sun 07-Jun-15 21:57:43

About 3 times in 30 years.

Fairylea Sun 07-Jun-15 21:57:54

I came on to post maybe once every few weeks and thought that would be a lot! We tend to argue for a couple of days and then make up again. We hide it well from the kids though and it's never anything huge.

Candlefairy101 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:58:02

I kick mine out at least twice a month ��

Last time tho he just walked in the door, and I said 'what you doing?��' and he said oh babe I'm starving what's for dinner �� I just said ' dinners in the side' lol and that was the end of the fight ��

rhetorician Sun 07-Jun-15 21:58:26

almost never before the kids, but there's usually some little irksome thing - rarely escalates and we are both very good at apologising grin

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Jun-15 21:58:46

Hardly ever fall out but bicker every now and then...not that regularly though.

arethereanyleftatall Sun 07-Jun-15 22:00:05

Never before dc, and we were together ten years, now with two young dc, about once every two months. Always about the breakfast dishes.

hesterton Sun 07-Jun-15 22:00:29

Oh god OP, leave him if he's like that already. It ain't gonna get any better.

HazleNutt Sun 07-Jun-15 22:02:57

Haven't yet in 7 years, we both hate fights and can simply discuss what's bothering us. I could not live with someone who sulks for weeks.

MamaLazarou Sun 07-Jun-15 22:03:26

Hardly ever. We disgree sometimes but never shout, quarrel or snipe.

TheFirstOfHerName Sun 07-Jun-15 22:03:38

A few times a year: we stop communicating sensibly, then sulk separately for about half an hour, then decide to grow up, apologise to each other and start communicating again.

We don't fall out to the extent of raised voices or hurtful comments.

We have been together for twenty years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now