Talk

Advanced search

Stickers on new clothes

(14 Posts)
ItsTricky Sun 07-Jun-15 09:28:37

Why do shops do this? Silly stickers with 'new' or 'look at my back' or -most ridiculous - the size! It's on the label, why does it need a sticker too?

Two new tops, from George at Asda, gone through the wash and now have a horrible gooey mark on them. My own stupid fault, I know, I cut the label off and didn't think to check for a sodding sticker.

Any tips on how to get the goo off?

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Jun-15 09:34:47

I do I do!!!!

I just got rid of a really bad sticker mark on a school dress just an hour ago using warm white vinegar. There are loads of ways on google and I chose that one as I had white vinegar. I warmed it in the microwave and it rubbed right off with a cloth.

It was really bad too as I had put the dress in the tumble dryer.

Sunny67 Sun 07-Jun-15 09:37:04

You're not alone! I hate stickers on anything, size and price stickers on the soles of shoes are a particular bugbear. They always leave marks and remain sticky so you end up picking up bit of fluff or whatever
And don't even get me started on buying a gift for someone with a bloody label that never ever comes. off cleanly angry

Pointlessfan Sun 07-Jun-15 09:38:55

Drives me mad! Even worse on things like shoes or items for the house like mugs. Grrrr!

ItsTricky Sun 07-Jun-15 10:06:20

Savoy, thank you smile I'll give that a try

AyMamita Sun 07-Jun-15 10:19:06

Why wash new clothes? I never bother.

AyMamita Sun 07-Jun-15 10:19:43

Does everyone else do this? Am I a slattern? shock

editthis Sun 07-Jun-15 10:21:25

I don't! New clothes feel lovely. But feel your pain on the sticky sticker mess, OP.

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Jun-15 10:26:23

My sticker disaster was from a school 'well done' sticker. I don't think dd2 has ever achieved such a thing before so I didn't know it would happen.

I do sometimes wash new clothes though. I live in Australia where everything has to be sprayed with stuff to kill bugs as they are doo-lally on Eco-system protection.

ItsTricky Sun 07-Jun-15 13:25:49

Dd's eczema has flared up in new clothes so I always wash in non bio first

Angel1983 Sun 07-Jun-15 13:38:55

I once prepared for a romantic night in with DP by treating myself to some new underwear. Unfortunately, it didn't have the desired effect as he fell about laughing at the 'No VPL' sticker stuck in the most unfortunate place. blush

ChuffinAda Sun 07-Jun-15 15:11:47

I don't wash things bought new either. But I also make sure I pick the one from the middle of the pile or rack...

PHANTOMnamechanger Sun 07-Jun-15 15:14:48

sorry Angel but thats VERY funny! grin

OhItsYouAgain Sun 07-Jun-15 15:17:34

I always wash new clothes as I don't know who's tried them on before me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now