Talk

Advanced search

Kelly Clarkson - Weight Gain, comments on facebook

(9 Posts)
KittensOnAPlane Sat 06-Jun-15 17:43:50

Someone i know has put up a comment about Kelly Clarkson and her weight gain on facebook

I want to put a good comeback, as in "surely we are more interested in her voice" or "what does it matter what size she is" but i cant find the right words to make this (very slender) late teens girl realise that its just not on

any suggestions?

mmollytoots Sat 06-Jun-15 18:03:52

Perhaps state that women's body change during pregnancy what a revelation. She may put weight on herself so should not judge others on theirs especially when they are known for their talent and not their looks

She's a woman who's had a baby. If she was you or me or any of our friends or family, it wouldn't be so interesting. Even though she's Kelly Clarkson, she's still human.

Something like that?

PrimalLass Sat 06-Jun-15 18:20:56

Link to this and tell her to not be another Katie Hopkins.

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kelly-clarkson-praises-katie-hopkins-5835672

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 06-Jun-15 18:26:48

Would you feel the same desire to defend if it were a comment about Alexa Chung and how very thin she is? Unlikely.

The concept of "body-shaming" appears to only go one way.

OneMillionScovilles Sat 06-Jun-15 18:45:45

Uhh, what Alis?? hmm

CoogerAndDark Sat 06-Jun-15 18:55:53

"It doesn't matter what size she is" is fine.

Justbuggeroff Sat 06-Jun-15 19:25:36

My DH showed me a pic of Kelly today and said "guess who that is" , immediately I knew it was Kelly clarkson but he was trying to make a snide joke about how big she has got!

I quite rightly told him to fuck off since it's her body and if she feels better with weight than that's fine and everyone should just leave her alone.

I'm fat, I'm happier fat than thin. Fuck the haters :/

KittensOnAPlane Sat 06-Jun-15 20:13:12

I think its more acceptable to be thin in this day and age, (sadly)

Thanks PrimalLass - great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now