Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To leave dd to 'help' her dad cook tea

(8 Posts)
Rinkydinkypink Sat 06-Jun-15 16:29:08

For the first time in months grin

She's 'helping', she's 2 and very unhelpful in the kitchen. However dh hasn't cooked a meal in months. I can't remember when he last did itwink

AIBU to let him suffer

cariadlet Sat 06-Jun-15 16:30:55

Sounds a great idea. I'd recommended having a long soak in a relaxing bubble bath - with the door locked - and be sadly unavailable to help out until tea is ready.

Taytocrisps Sat 06-Jun-15 16:33:52

Go for it! And put in some earplugs so you can't hear DH's expletives smile.

Leeds2 Sat 06-Jun-15 17:01:20

Let us know what happens! Enjoy your meal.

Rinkydinkypink Sat 06-Jun-15 19:28:12

Meal was cooked and really lovely! Grilled Cajun chicken, salad and lemon/coriander couscous.

Husband survived, child survived grin

He needs to do it more often!

maninawomansworld Sun 07-Jun-15 16:58:07

I guess it depends on whether you want him to cook again in the near future. If you leave them too it and it's an awful experience for him then he might be less inclined to make the effort!

Underbrella Sun 07-Jun-15 20:41:22

This was our house today too. Daddy was making posh pies after a marathon shopping trip to prepare. Dd (3) was apparently horrified that Daddy wouldn't add more water too the pastry and then put it in the fridge to rest (has helped corner-cutting Mummy too much!). We had frozen pie for dinner and Daddy is adding more water to pastry now so we can have posh pie tomorrow grin

OliveCane Sun 07-Jun-15 20:51:37

Yanbu. I need to get DH to do this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now