Is it wrong that we were disgusted by this?

(170 Posts)
WayneRooneysHair Sat 06-Jun-15 12:13:24

I fully expect to be shot down in flames...

Myself and my wife were walking to the bus stop this morning, ahead of us down the street a mother and her young girl in a pushchair exited a house and walked in the same direction before disappearing round the corner. As we turned the corner we saw the girl standing at the bus stop with her mum, the girl was standing with her trousers and nappy down and was weeing all over the pavement. The mum clocked us and as the girl finished very hurriedly dressed the girl before putting her back in the pushchair and walking off.

I know that when a kid needs to go it's pretty urgent but this was a busy path was alongside a busy main road and they'd only left the house three minutes ago. My wife works in childcare and even she couldn't believe it, is this acceptable or should we have said something?

spidermanswoman Sat 06-Jun-15 12:17:48

Why would you say something? Yes it's not great but to go back to the house might mean she would miss her bus or maybe the kid just had to go there and then.

I'm sure your snotty looks as you walked past made the mum feel utterly crap anyway.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Sat 06-Jun-15 12:18:06

The story sounds as unbelievable as, well, WR's hair transplants

fiveacres Sat 06-Jun-15 12:20:29

It's gross. YANBU.

NobodyLivesHere Sat 06-Jun-15 12:20:31

Might not have been her house. Yabu. It's a baby.

WayneRooneysHair Sat 06-Jun-15 12:21:42

I should have said, they didn't get on the bus and neither did we give them 'snotty' looks.

WaferInMyCoffee Sat 06-Jun-15 12:22:46

I don't understand why you would post if you think you will be "shot down in flames".

Also I don't know what you would have said to them?!

Ideally, kids don't wee all over the pavement, it's not very nice really. But it is a tiny little thing in the grand scheme of the world. I've seen a lot worse!

TheFairyCaravan Sat 06-Jun-15 12:26:17

How can a girl stand and wee?

I would imagine that the child is in the middle of being potty trained. The mother could have made her wet herself, which would have been mean and comfusing.

Would you have been as pissed off if a dog had wee'd all over the pavement?

ThatIsNachoCheese Sat 06-Jun-15 12:29:00

Oh dfod.
Sometimes they just have to go. I would mind my own business.

ThatIsNachoCheese Sat 06-Jun-15 12:29:33

And yes, why is it ok for dogs and not potty training young children?

WayneRooneysHair Sat 06-Jun-15 12:30:16

Because a dog is an animal?

NoahVale Sat 06-Jun-15 12:30:52

it is not nice, but then that is potty training for you.
no doubt she was asked if she needed to go before they left the house.

i think it is odd to carry a potty round with you, but plenty of people do while potty training.

NoahVale Sat 06-Jun-15 12:31:44

each to their own Wayne imo

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Sat 06-Jun-15 12:31:50

Why did she have her nappy down if she was weeing on the pavement?

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Jun-15 12:31:53

Jeez it's only a bit of wee. We get enough rain in this country to see that it'll be rinsed away soon.

I think she could have found somewhere a bit more suitable than a footpath, but sometimes needs must.

It's really not something I'd be paying any thought to, after 3 or 4 minutes had passed.

Bannerstaying Sat 06-Jun-15 12:32:19

Standing? PLUS Why, if she was wearing a nappy?

SeenSheen Sat 06-Jun-15 12:32:34

Good point about the dog Fairy Caravan. That has been a bugbear of mine for years.
In fact I've often fantasised about letting my children shit in the front gardens of dogs who do it outside my house.
Never had the bottle to do it though and am sure the kids would refuse!

We seem to be much more lenient with dog owners than we are with children.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 06-Jun-15 12:33:21

Why would you have said something?

WayneRooneysHair Sat 06-Jun-15 12:33:45

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot what do you mean? She had her nappy down as guessing her mum didn't want her to wee in it.

NoahVale Sat 06-Jun-15 12:34:12

i walked home from school with a friend who let her dd poo, on the grass on the way home, I gave them a poo bag <<smug>>

i wouldnt have allowed my 2 year old to poo on the grass on the way home and this girl was about 4 or 5, but needs must

molyholy Sat 06-Jun-15 12:34:27

My first thought was potty training. Not ideal but who cares ffs. You seen it this morning, went about your business, but kept it in your head thinking 'I must post about this on mumsnet' hmm

NoahVale Sat 06-Jun-15 12:34:31

Was it a pull up?

WayneRooneysHair Sat 06-Jun-15 12:35:22

And squatting or standing what difference does it make? She was pissing over a busy pavement three minutes after leaving the house.

cashewnutty Sat 06-Jun-15 12:35:24

There are holes all over this posts.

a) How could she pull her nappy and trousers down then stand and wee all over the pavement. Surely she would be weeing all over her clothes?

b) If she was wearing a nappy why would she need to wee on the pavement at all?

c) Why add the bus stop detail. This has nothing to do with this story.

NoahVale Sat 06-Jun-15 12:35:47

in answer to your question, No , you shouldnt have said anything,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now