Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you have a tail it's your responsibility to look after it?

(62 Posts)
BertrandRussell Sat 06-Jun-15 10:09:33

A tail owning member of my family has just sworn at me and assaulted me because I accidentally stood on it. He thinks it was entirely my fault and is now sulking. I think that if you have a tail it's up to you not to put it where someone could stand on it while merely getting the milk out of the fridge. Who is BU?

Ohbollocksandballs Sat 06-Jun-15 10:12:42

YANBU those with tails need to be careful.

They also need to stop thinking it's socially acceptable to climb on people's heads and shove their arses in people's faces.

ollieplimsoles Sat 06-Jun-15 10:12:52

I honestly thought you were talking about one of those people who wear a tail because they identify as an animal or something confused

FenellaFellorick Sat 06-Jun-15 10:13:13

Cat?

You are.

Always.

Any circumstances.

Forever.

SoldierBear Sat 06-Jun-15 10:14:55

Before opening the thread I thought you were talking about vestigial tails!

Fatmomma99 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:15:10

was the milk for the tail owner?

If so, YNBU because you were rushing to satisfy a need. If the milk was for your own selfish use, I'm afraid YBU

SurlyCue Sat 06-Jun-15 10:16:16

I am assuming a hissing as opposed to drooling tail owner. If so then of course you were in the wrong. Everyone knows that! wink

PureMorning Sat 06-Jun-15 10:16:43

Aye if it was a feline it was you at fault and they will never forgive or forget

If it was canine you will be forgiven and they will worship you again soon

Izzy24 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:17:01

YABU
Since a tail is always connected to its owner the domestic staff should learn that the space around the owner plus the radius of a tail-length is an invitation only space.

MetallicBeige Sat 06-Jun-15 10:17:17

Yes, and if your tail is extra fluffy it might be an idea to y'know? Clean it once in a while. Get those twigs and clumps of this and that out of it.

OpalQuartz Sat 06-Jun-15 10:17:50

What swear word did s/he use?

CitrineRaindropPhoenix Sat 06-Jun-15 10:18:14

No. It is everyone else's overriding responsibility to know exactly where tails are at all times. And paws.

DH had some coco pops for pudding last night. Lifted the spoon to his mouth and had a mouthful of furry paw laying claim to the coco pops! Clearly his fault.

TooManyButtons Sat 06-Jun-15 10:18:58

I had my cat's tail chopped off. Not sure she's ever forgiven me.

Royalsighness Sat 06-Jun-15 10:20:20

Yea and tail owners should also be conscious of tail hygiene and not walk into the house with a whole poo squashed into their tail

OTheHugeManatee Sat 06-Jun-15 10:21:21

YABU. It is your duty to minister to the owners of tails. That includes being aware of the location of said tails at all time and not standing on them.

SurlyCue Sat 06-Jun-15 10:26:55

DH had some coco pops for pudding last night. Lifted the spoon to his mouth and had a mouthful of furry paw laying claim to the coco pops! Clearly his fault

grin

Foreverlurking Sat 06-Jun-15 10:31:08

YANBU, it's extremely irresponsible - some even expect biscuits afterwards! Tail owners must also ensure that they don't whip people (real bruises!) when they get over excited.
It's as though they think they own the place.

totallybewildered Sat 06-Jun-15 10:31:35

The tail owners in our household have a particular habit of laying them across the staircase in the dark. Obviously non tail owners are responsible for flying down the stairs without putting a foot on a single tread, because obviously, the treads are for resting tails on at night, not walking on.

KingTut Sat 06-Jun-15 10:32:09

The dirty looks you get, even when they trip you up. I do feel bad though for standing on tails.

paddypants13 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:32:40

YABU.

I am still receiving death stares for standing on a paw this morning. It was entirely my own fault that I didn't check the Empress' whereabouts before I moved.

She should be in the forefront of my mind at all times. I am taking my punishment like a grown up.

(Wait until she realises she's going to the cattery later whilst we go on hols! Hehehe!)

carabos Sat 06-Jun-15 10:35:24

And there's no need to react with quite such extreme violence to any hint of hurt to the tail. The hissing and scratching is total overkill, a simple "Oi!" would suffice.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 06-Jun-15 10:35:48

paddypants Of course, her stay in the cattery will give her ample time to devise many punishments for you on your return grin

chipshop Sat 06-Jun-15 10:36:05

YABU, obvs. ChipshopCat stuck his paw right in the middle DP's Eton Mess pud last night, before DP had even taken a mouthful. The look on DP's face was brilliant.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 06-Jun-15 10:37:14

Citrine grin Of course it was his fault!

Maryz Sat 06-Jun-15 10:37:34

YABU if the tail owner is a cat.

Because obviously cats own the entire universe and can do no wrong.

If it's a dog/horse/monkey/iguana, than YANBU because they should obviously look after themselves hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now