Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

feel so empty

(6 Posts)
Sleepytrain Fri 05-Jun-15 23:10:14

Am trying so hard to do what's best but am so tired and feel hollow inside. Feel like I am so messed up with abusive partner and family that I have turned into a robot in defensive mechanism all the time. Every day is a battle, literally. So sorry this sounds so depressing, , just had to vent somewhere before going back.into busy robot mode sad

FarFromAnyRoad Fri 05-Jun-15 23:22:30

It's sad that you feel like this. I'm not sure AIBU is the best place for your OP. Might be an idea to ask to get it moved to Relationships where you'll get quality advice esp re the abuse. Good luck.

ChopinLiszt Fri 05-Jun-15 23:33:33

You need to improve your self esteem so that you see that life isn't like this. I used to be you and now I value myself enough that I wouldn't fe like that for anyone.

ChopinLiszt Fri 05-Jun-15 23:34:01

*feel

hiddenhome Fri 05-Jun-15 23:35:21

Any chance of leaving them all to it and living elsewhere?

Antidepressants can help give you the oomph needed to break free.

shitebag Fri 05-Jun-15 23:43:52

Oh Sleepy sad

You don't need to be in robot mode and you don't need to be stuck in your life as it is at present! You deserve better and you are worth more, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Can you get yourself to the Doctors at all? It sounds like you may be depressed and they may be able to give you something to help take the edge off. If you feel comfortable doing so could you also speak to them regarding help to get away from your partner safely.

I know its not easy and it may take time for you to gather your thoughts together but having someone to speak to in the mean time may help. Do you have anyone to confide in IRL?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now