to think it's odd to mention that my friend is hot whilst on a date?

(35 Posts)
completelydisappear Fri 05-Jun-15 19:47:31

My friend had a Christening last week and had a room hire afterwards. The owner was working there and asked to buy me a drink, we exchanged numbers and went out on a date.

He mentioned half way through the date that my friend was hot. I'm just at a loss as to why he would say that on a date. He already has her number (from texting about arrangements) and he knows she is not single.

She is really pretty but surely if you were on a date with a guy you wouldn't say his friend was hot would you? Despite how true it might be.

Stitchintime1 Fri 05-Jun-15 19:51:14

Did you ask him why he said that?

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 05-Jun-15 19:53:51

Very odd thing to say, probably wouldn't bother with a second date OP

BathtimeFunkster Fri 05-Jun-15 19:55:14

First and last date with this charmer?

Szeli Fri 05-Jun-15 19:55:53

Was he just trying to make conversation? Or maybe it was a compliment? (grasping at straws here) Like 'ooh aren't you a bunch of attractive friends?' grin

FriendofBill Fri 05-Jun-15 19:56:28

YANBU.
I wouldn't bother either.

faintlyoptimistic Fri 05-Jun-15 19:58:49

Yep. Walk away now.

BolshierAyraStark Fri 05-Jun-15 19:59:10

Seriously not a clever thing to say on a date, not a keeper me thinks.
I'd be tempted to ask if he happens to have any hot single friends you could take the number of...

MozzchopsThirty Fri 05-Jun-15 19:59:12

Oh god ditch him!
I was married to a man like this for years, have only just realised that nice normal men don't behave in this way

Straycatblue Fri 05-Jun-15 19:59:36

When first dating, traditionally you are trying to create a good impression and show what a catch you are.

He either already feels incredibly comfortable in your presence and feels that you have amazing self esteem and wont be bothered by his comment.

He has maybe made a mistake and is kicking himself, cringing inside and thinking he cant believe he said that.

Or thats just the kind of person he is and thinks its ok to talk about other womens "hotness" to a women he is trying to impress. hmm

if its the third option it can only get worse if thats what he is prepared to say on the first date.

Bluestocking Fri 05-Jun-15 20:00:50

Nasty. It sounds like one of those "pick-up artist" tricks, which are usually about keeping women insecure and on the back foot. I wouldn't recommend another date with this specimen.

Fromparistoberlin73 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:01:05

Make it the first - and last date that's my advice

DowntownFunk Fri 05-Jun-15 20:02:54

Don't date this arsebiscuit again.

completelydisappear Fri 05-Jun-15 20:04:12

He also told me that he knows he's a very good looking guy but he hates blowing his own trumpet hmmgrin

Definitely a keeper then!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 05-Jun-15 20:05:17

It's actually really useful when they behave like this on a first date. Very little time wasted!

Stitchintime1 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:06:48

A friend of mine goes out with a guy who is always telling her how attractive he is to other women and how she is lucky to have him because he could have anybody.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Fri 05-Jun-15 20:07:55

Be thankful he has shown what he is like on the first dates, saves wasting your time or causing you grief.

chippednailvarnish Fri 05-Jun-15 20:09:10

And now you know why he is single grin

expatinscotland Fri 05-Jun-15 20:16:15

He's lucky you didn't get up and walk out after his comment about how good-looking he is. What a fud.

bizmum1 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:18:36

Total knob imo

BolshierAyraStark Fri 05-Jun-15 20:19:06

Pmsl, hates blowing his own trumpet-yeah course he does. I fucking love knobs like this, highly entertaining.

BathtimeFunkster Fri 05-Jun-15 20:21:30

I think he wants you to blow his trumpet, you lucky divil!

MozzchopsThirty Fri 05-Jun-15 20:43:20

Oh god is it my ex husband gringrin

BullshitS70 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:45:30

what a cunt - ditch

MerryInthechelseahotel Fri 05-Jun-15 20:51:05

Could be mine mozz don't jump to conclusions grin mine used to say "God I look good for my age" talking about himself of course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now