Talk

Advanced search

Where to get 13 year old ears pierced - not Claires - Central or North London?

(10 Posts)
loveyouradvice Fri 05-Jun-15 19:05:12

Hi all ... just rung Cold Steel who seem to get rave reviews only to learn they won't pierce under 16s.... and scared me rather by saying how much damage they seen on young ears pierced with a gun (as well as being wonky cos ears still growing), and that no one reputable does under 16s.

Any idea where I can take DD where they're good and use needles?

Any other advice or tips ... realise I didnt get mine done til 16 so feels like virgin territory!

Huge thanks

AnotherGirlsParadise Fri 05-Jun-15 19:06:33

You could give Chioko in Camden a try.

Alanna1 Fri 05-Jun-15 19:07:14

Selfridges used to do it.

SquirmOfEels Fri 05-Jun-15 19:16:27

The piercing parlour, MetalMorphosis, which used to be in Selfridges is now on the bottom floor of Top Shop, Oxford Circus.

It's a proper place, with full time piercers. But although they don't use a gun for earlobes, they do use a single use cartridge system (so goes through by hand not spring loaded).

loveyouradvice Sat 06-Jun-15 20:02:07

Great.. Metal morphosis was coming up on my internet searches - has anyone used? and Single use cartridge sounds better though Ive no idea what it is ....THough just looked at google reviews and some very negative ones there....Hmm

Chioko is alas over 16s only....

LadyStark Sat 06-Jun-15 20:06:28

Any reason she can't wait until she's 16? I think I would take all the reputable places saying no as a sign!

helenahandbag Sat 06-Jun-15 20:27:14

I'm so happy to see this post, I've been saying for years that piercing guns should be banned. Always, always, always have piercings done at a proper studio by a qualified piercer licenced by the local council and who uses hypodermic needles.

Most studios where I am will pierce ears at 14 with a parent present and they are definitely reputable.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 06-Jun-15 20:31:36

I went into MetalMorphosis yesterday as my 13yo wants a third piercing. Having read all the gun/needle debate on MN, I was planning to take her to London, only to be told....................they don't use a needle on under 17s even with parental consent.

She had both ears pierced and a second piercing done at Claires.

Looks like we'll be back there for the next one.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 06-Jun-15 20:32:08

Third piercing in one ear that is.

AnotherGirlsParadise Mon 08-Jun-15 08:58:58

'Single use cartridge system' works on the same principle as a gun, only without the pull-back-and-bang. It's no better. It's still a blunt object being forced through skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now