Talk

Advanced search

To ask how a woman would "use sex to get her own way"

(34 Posts)
NKfell Fri 05-Jun-15 17:10:50

I'm not planning on doing this but just caught a glimpse of a lads mag advising 'lads' not to allow their girlfriends to "use sex to get their own way". How? I'm not buying the mag just to find out!

It makes me think of saying "I'll only do that if you do this" but surely not?

AuntieStella Fri 05-Jun-15 17:12:35

Makes me think of that line in 'Scandal' about getting them nicely despunked and much more likely to agree to anything.

AuntyMag10 Fri 05-Jun-15 17:14:45

You are extremely naive if you don't think this happens.

spottybottycream Fri 05-Jun-15 17:15:19

I kindof do this but not intentionally lol. My DH is far more amenable after a bit of rumpy pumpy. Running about after me and doing jobs lol

QuiteLikely5 Fri 05-Jun-15 17:15:23

By saying to dh buy me that dress and I will guarantee you something nice later..........wink wink

grin

ShesAStar Fri 05-Jun-15 17:15:26

If you turn the football off we can go and do X in the bedroom.

headinhands Fri 05-Jun-15 17:15:32

Ugh. It reduces men to brainless and women to libido-less

spottybottycream Fri 05-Jun-15 17:16:41

I don't do it for that reason, I do it because he is hot and sexy wink

But ya know, iv noticed the difference afterwards grin

ShesAStar Fri 05-Jun-15 17:19:00

Why does it reduce anyone to anything? It's only fun, it isn't serious debate tactics. Some couples have a laugh and it is no more or less than fun.

NeedsAsockamnesty Fri 05-Jun-15 17:21:07

Any one male or female can use sex to achieve something.

Either the withdrawal of it as a punishment or doing it as a reward

BettyCatKitten Fri 05-Jun-15 17:21:23

Sex being equated to monetary capital in a lads mag, how original!

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Fri 05-Jun-15 17:23:56

You have to ask...?!

AmyElliotDunne Fri 05-Jun-15 17:24:17

I'd imagine that sex is used as bargaining tool more often than most people would like to think, but more commonly I'd have thought in a negative withholding sex way than a 'positive' bribing with sex way.

How a bloke is going to guard against his GF withholding sex I have no idea. There's a word for that!

NKfell Fri 05-Jun-15 17:26:35

I know it happens I just didn't think it was a normal thing or how someone could do it in a normal way and not in a TV show way!

I couldn't imagine saying "if you do this, we can do...the other"!

I think it's yet another way of making out that women don't actually want sex but, it could just be because I'm being grumpy!

NKfell Fri 05-Jun-15 17:28:09

I suppose I would withhold if I was irritated with him but maybe I wouldn't see it as 'withholding' as such because I'd be annoyed with him and wouldn't fancy it...OK, maybe I'm U turning on the withholding part!

As Fraisier once said, "how can men use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want!" grin

NKfell Fri 05-Jun-15 17:31:02

But women want it too!

I know, I just really like that quote!

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Fri 05-Jun-15 17:34:41

Men do it too. Himself can get me to agree to anything afterwards.....

manicinsomniac Fri 05-Jun-15 17:35:54

The same way that you can use anything the other party wants to get what you want, I guess.

It's distasteful though because of course men could also use sex as a bargaining tool.

vodkanchocolate Fri 05-Jun-15 17:37:16

I have to say I have not purpously ever tried to seduce my husband with the plan to get my own way, If I do it its because I want it or I think he needs a treat. Im pretty sure it happens all the time thougH

NKfell Fri 05-Jun-15 17:38:04

GilbertBlytheWouldGetIt It is a good quote!

Lately (or at least to me) everything seems to imply that women don't want to, it's something men want and women choose when to dish it out but they don't really like it!

mrstweefromtweesville Fri 05-Jun-15 17:39:13

I recall, when they were in their mid- seventies, my mother saying that she'd 'let' my father have sex, so they now would be going on the holiday she wanted... she obviously knew how things worked.

God, I couldn't disagree with that viewpoint more. I'm a woman and I've never turned it down. blush

formerbabe Fri 05-Jun-15 17:45:57

Oh of course, women don't enjoy sex...we just do it to keep mern happy and get a nice little present!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now