Talk

Advanced search

Firefox

(10 Posts)
WaywardOn3 Fri 05-Jun-15 12:44:49

Anyone else having problems with it?

Mine has decided to update twice in the last two months which would be fine but just about every malware, pop up ad thingys and other virus you can think of magically finds its way onto my laptop after the Internet browser updates!

It's never happened before this year and I've had the damn laptop and used this browser since 2006 :-/

ouryve Fri 05-Jun-15 12:54:54

Obvious question, but do you have adequate and up to date virus and malware protection on your laptop? Firefox is unlikely to be the cause of the problem. It always has updated frequently, since it came out of beta.

WhetherOrNot Fri 05-Jun-15 12:59:27

It's nothing to do with Firefox! It's your, or your lack of, anti-virus.

WaywardOn3 Fri 05-Jun-15 13:02:47

But after the first time I had it fixed and had antivirus stuff installed?

Just run an anti virus program and removed Firefox. The guy I spoke to from KnowHow said that that would be the best option as the browser was the likely cause?

<technophobe>

WaywardOn3 Fri 05-Jun-15 13:05:49

Since I hadn't had a problem with Firefox for the 9 years I've had the laptop I didn't think that was the problem until the tech man said it could be :-)

PurpleBananaPie Fri 05-Jun-15 13:33:15

Which anti-virus protection are you using?

ouryve Fri 05-Jun-15 13:33:37

The guys from knowhow aren't uber tech Gods. If they were, they wouldn't be working for PC world.

WaywardOn3 Fri 05-Jun-15 13:34:46

Malware bytes it's what the guy I spoke to recommended :-)

ollieplimsoles Fri 05-Jun-15 13:36:08

You may need to update your ad blocker so it can run on your updated firefox.

Are you using adblocker? If not I will find a link and post it up. My DH has a top notch ant virus and he still gets pop ups after updating a broswer. Ad blocker stops all that.

WaywardOn3 Fri 05-Jun-15 13:41:46

Thank you ollie that would be awesome :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now