Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to take my Jawbone Up back to Currys as its stopped working after less than 6 months?

(10 Posts)
hannibalismisunderstood Thu 04-Jun-15 18:56:50

Hi,

I bought a Jawbone Up from Currys on 20 Dec (was on offer for £39) and have worn it every day as you are supposed to but today it has just stopped working.

I have tried fully charging it, a soft reset and a hard reset (won't do either) and it wont sync. In fact it just has the moon that will flash twice occasionally.

Aibu in taking it back to Currys this weekend to get a replacement one? I have the receipt and packaging....

The5DayChicken Thu 04-Jun-15 19:05:41

Most things are guaranteed within a year. I've just had back my now-repaired coffee machine that died at 10 months. Call the number on the receipt and the automated whotsit will be able to tell you if it's an item they swap out in store or if they send it for repairs.

Jewels234 Thu 04-Jun-15 19:05:52

They have a pretty terrible reputation for breaking, but apparently have decent customer service, so YANBU and I'm sure you'll not be the first

CloverMcL Thu 04-Jun-15 19:15:37

YANBU, why shouldn't you replace defective goods under warranty? Are you more concerned because it is a "personal" item? I don't know anyone who would think twice about returning a defective fridge-freezer, whilst that can't be worn on the wrist the principle is the same!

You are the first person I've heard of who is still wearing their Jawbone after 6 months though.

HeresMyBrightIdea Thu 04-Jun-15 19:17:21

I got through 7 before I gave up. They'll replace it no problem.

hannibalismisunderstood Thu 04-Jun-15 19:25:23

Thanks.good to hear that they'll replace it. I was worried they would say as its 6 months old and only cost £39 that it isn't expected to last much longer (and that does seem to be a decent life for the jawbone!)

I've also checked their website and they don't seem to have the simple up anymore so I'm guessing it will be a refund or credit towards another version (might get the fitbit instead of that's the case).

Tried calling the number but after going through 10 menus and then 6 mins on hold I was cut off mid sentence so wondered about the general customer service at Currys..... think I'll pop down on Saturday then with an annoying 5 year old smile

The5DayChicken Thu 04-Jun-15 19:32:45

I've found them to be quite good in-store providing I have a receipt. (I've had to return a disproportionately large amount of stuff to Currys)

ijustwanttobeme Thu 04-Jun-15 19:37:23

I bought a jawbone up24 from a seller on eBay in January.

It stopped working in April. Resetting wasn't an option as it just went kaput.

I emailed the jawbone customer services department (online reviews were very scary as no one seemed to have a good word to say about them).

Howeve I received an email, asking me to call them to arrange a replacement. I spoke to them, they offered me a different version at first (the up move), which I declined as I liked the up24 seems to work for me iykwim.

A replacement up24 came within the week, with an envelope to turn the faulty one and all is good.

hannibalismisunderstood Fri 05-Jun-15 10:49:30

Could you tell me the email address that you used as I couldn't find a UK phone number and wondered if there was an email that served the UK just in case Currys are not forthcoming....

ijustwanttobeme Tue 09-Jun-15 21:17:07

I used support@jawbone.com

The phone number I called them on was 0203 027 2094

good luck and hope you get it sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now