Talk

Advanced search

to think that Royal Mail should actually empty their postboxes?

(8 Posts)
charleybarley Wed 03-Jun-15 21:01:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PHANTOMnamechanger Wed 03-Jun-15 21:05:50

you really think its been left for months without being emptied? could it not be that the school has been sending out loads of mail lately? surely people would have been reporting their stuff missing/not delivered before now?

MonoNoAware Wed 03-Jun-15 21:10:27

Very strange, is there a post office or franked mail postbox nearby? If not, I wonder if some lazy local business is filling it up with business mail?

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 03-Jun-15 21:13:47

schools dont use post boxes do they? and it would be a huge amount of post to fill up a post box.

charleybarley Wed 03-Jun-15 21:38:33

ouryve Wed 03-Jun-15 21:41:31

I've given up using the one at the end of my block of houses because they changed the collection time to "any time before 9am" on a weekday and 7am on a Saturday. Unless I'm dressed and passing, at the right time, it means leaving post in there overnight. I just take a detour past the post office on school days, now.

starsandunicorns Wed 03-Jun-15 21:45:09

Is it a small box with a short drop i ask due to if people put large letters / packets (small jiffy bags ) etc in the small box with a short drop the item gets stuck and hence fills the box up more quickly so any other letters are stuck on top
Plus each box gets scanned when opened so the manger at the delivery office will know if a box hasnt being opened

charleybarley Wed 03-Jun-15 21:54:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now