To just want my money or my shopping

(111 Posts)
Theshadowoftheday Tue 02-Jun-15 15:08:02

ASDA failed to deliver my shopping saying I was not in, yet I was and so was DH.

We never had a card through the door to say delivery was missed or had any missed phone calls.

ASDA now have almost £150 of my money "on hold" and I have no shopping.

I called them four times and keep getting told they (call center) can't deal with it and I need to wait for a call back.

I have also emailed customer services and no reply as yet.

My friend has posted on Twitter for me and no reply to that either.

Anyone been in the same situation and how did you resolve it?

ItsTricky Tue 02-Jun-15 15:20:15

Sounds like the driver may have gone to the wrong address. Hope you get it sorted.

LurkingHusband Tue 02-Jun-15 15:20:33

Well surely your order is still on the van ? And they can contact the driver and instruct him to re-deliver ?

Incidentally, if there was no card or call, how do you know they tried to deliver (hint - if that's what the call centre says, bear in mind they don't sit with the driver ...).

Theshadowoftheday Tue 02-Jun-15 15:23:33

Apparently once a delivery is "rejected" they can't re deliver it and it has to go back to the store.

LurkingHusband Tue 02-Jun-15 16:14:30

Can't ?

Or won't ?

silveroldie2 Tue 02-Jun-15 16:29:49

Seems ridiculous that they can't be contacted and told to re-deliver.

Re-order with Tesco - if I don't hear them at the door, they ring me and let me know they are here.

BabyMurloc Tue 02-Jun-15 16:33:28

Asda are horrific for this kind of crap. I used them twice and had major issues both times. Never again.

Tesco are great, like PP said they call if you don't answer the door. Your phone numbers are on delivery sheets and they all have mobiles. I've only ever had 1 delivery issue and it was that they were about 10 mins out of timeslot. They called me during timeslot to explain why and give a new time.

Theshadowoftheday Tue 02-Jun-15 17:09:45

I can't do anything until I have my money unfrozen by ASDA 3-5 working days to get it back.

AlisonBlunderland Tue 02-Jun-15 17:36:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grewupinafield Tue 02-Jun-15 17:38:30

Can you speak to your bank and explain and they might be able to release the money back to you?

Might be a long shot I realise

Moodykat Tue 02-Jun-15 17:41:46

3-5 working days? That is shocking.

Bluebiscuits Tue 02-Jun-15 17:42:17

Try ringing your local store. When I had a problem with delivery the local store organised for it to be sent out again.

m0therofdragons Tue 02-Jun-15 17:44:29

We had ours redelivered because our delivery guys are fab.it's really hard for them to redeliver if a slot is missed. Mine was my own fault as dd had a tantrum and I was 5 minutes late - of course I was the first delivery which is typical. The other option was for me to collect from the store. Can you do that?

MrsNextDoor Tue 02-Jun-15 17:44:55

Get on Asda's TWITTER NOW! They're known for this shit.

Theshadowoftheday Tue 02-Jun-15 17:45:11

I found out it's not even from my local store, it apparently came from a store 45 mins away where as my nearest store is only 15-20 mins away!
Will have to get DH to call the bank as is his account.

ChristmasYoni Tue 02-Jun-15 17:45:56

This happened to me a few months ago and it took 12 days and a million phone calls to get my money back despite being told 3-5 days. I hope you don't experience the same.

nemo81 Tue 02-Jun-15 17:53:33

This is why i stopped using ASDA years ago, that and the constant missing shopping and ridiculous substitutions!

I used Tesco, have done for years. Never an issue, i've had drivers come back when they realise they have an item of my shopping still on the van.

hobnobsaremyfave Tue 02-Jun-15 17:58:03

This was featured on watchdog last week
Asda are particularly bad
Twitter is your friend with this

lizzywig Tue 02-Jun-15 18:33:50

I will never use asda again for delivery. I have ordered from them twice, the first time they were three hours late and I vowed never again. I then stupidly ordered from them a couple of years later for a slot somewhere in the region of 5-7. We had a babysitter booked for 8pm and due to go to a party (first night out after dd was born). Asda did not arrive. Customer services assured me they were on the way and after putting me on hold assured me driver was stuck in traffic and to wait. I explained the situation and they guaranteed me the driver would be there. So I didn't send the babysitter home. At 8:30 and still no sign of the driver I phoned again. I was assured again that the driver would definitely be with me within the next 30 mins. Asda assured me up until 11:30pm that the driver was definitely coming. By this time I had sent the babysitter home (having paid her) and was quite hacked off. The driver never appeared.

Coincidentally I have a friend who lives in the same road as me and I later found out that she did have an asda delivery at the time I was expecting one. Except she hadn't placed an asda order! When she told the driver that she wasn't expecting one he said "well I don't know where this house is so you might as well take it because I can't take it back with me". She refused it (also unaware that I was expecting a delivery) ( and he didn't show her the address on the slip).

The next day I phoned again and was told that the shopping was never dispatched! I spent a week on the phone to them trying to sort it out and each time got through to some idiotic person who was reading from a script and was speaking very broken English not able to understand me or I them.

Another friend at the same time told me about her order that didn't turn up. So the three of us got together and wrote a joint letter to the CEO to try and demonstrate that it is not a fluke and that the service given is very poor. I received a call from a UK based customer services team who were very efficient at sorting it out (I'm sure they've had lots of practice). They gave us each a £40 voucher to spend in store and refunded our money - but I will never shop with them again. Anyway....I saved the phone number because I thought it might help others....01138267983. It is certainly worth a try! You are so not being unreasonable. Hope you get it sorted out.

Theshadowoftheday Tue 02-Jun-15 19:03:51

Thank you izzy, unfortunately that number was just a recorded massage.
Still waiting for DH to come home and call the bank.

pluCaChange Tue 02-Jun-15 19:10:24

Sainsbury's is great, too. smile

iwishiwasasarah Tue 02-Jun-15 19:24:10

It depends on the local depot. Here Asda are okay, Morrisons are lovely but limited, Tesco are awesome and Sainsbury had me in tears because their driver was really threatening because I didn't unpack the boxes quick enough. Asda have a bad rep with the way they do their payments.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Tue 02-Jun-15 19:28:25

Long given up with Asda's online shopping even the drivers seemed fed up with them.

Morrisons are the best and they always ring if they ahead of schedule asking if ok to deliver early.

Hope you get your shopping

PurpleCrazyHorse Tue 02-Jun-15 20:20:57

I also use Morrisons as we're lucky enough to live in an area they deliver to. I get a text to say they're on their way, sometimes they call to say they're running early and am I in. I believe they use Ocado for their deliveries. I often have my full order (no missing, no subs) and when they have subbed, it's been a sensible one.

Tesco have been quite good in the past, they've come back when they realised they forgot a pallet of shopping at the depot (including a bag or two of ours). Sometimes I've had some odd substitutions and sometimes I've had a missing bag (refunded quickly but a pain to get out for replacements).

Whichwaytoturntoday Tue 02-Jun-15 21:13:37

Before I opened the thread I knew it would be asda. Hope they get their act together for you ASAP angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now