Talk

Advanced search

To worry about my toddler eating (snacking) lots?

(5 Posts)
RubyMay82 Tue 26-May-15 22:35:08

I am keen to see if my daughter is due a check up so I can get her weight checked out.

She's a perfect size with the wee pot belly girls have but I'm worried as lately she just wants to eat & snack constantly.

I'm making sure it's largely healthy & she eats good food.

we are a family of eaters & love food / takeaways / junk but I have "treat / cheat day" on a Saturday & want to make it a house thing & not have sweets / crisps on the go every day, takeaways just now & again.

I don't want her thinking the world revolves round food / food is amazing / a crutch etc.

Suppose I've always been live to eat & I'm hoping she will be eat to live.

I'm very active & we are always out & about so that's not an issue but my mum thinks IBU & worrying too much, she's just being a growing lass & I might cause issues trying to regulate it.

I grew up eating crap food & doing my utmost to avoid exercise.
It's since having my little one I've found a love for exercise & I'm hoping she'll be the same & not a couch potato until she's 30.

Argh total essay but I feel like I'm in a bloody fucking minefield !

Today:
Breakfast: Bagel (at nursery)
Lunch: 2 bowls of soup & a bowl of crumble (at nursery)
Snack: snack a jack, tangerine then some raspberries
Dinner: pork carrots & potato then strawberries & yoghurt
Snack: cucumber, cheese string & another snack a jack?

AIBU to be worried or is it just a toddler thing, do they all have spells like this ?

pointythings Tue 26-May-15 22:42:22

Well, mine certainly had spells like this - when they would eat a LOT more than your toddler does. They'd chub a bit and then shoot up massively, Your toddler's diet sounds pretty good, and toddlers do need to snack - they are constantly on the go, and when their blood sugar gets low... Well, you'll know all about that.

I'd keep feeding her as she wants, making sure the majority of it is healthy and nutritious. And start looking at clothes bargains in the next size up too.

formerbabe Tue 26-May-15 22:43:17

Yabvu...sorry!

What she had to eat today sounds completely normal. My dd eats 3 meals a day plus snacks and something right before bedtime with her milk. I'm quite amazed that you think she's had too much from the list you posted.

RubyMay82 Tue 26-May-15 22:50:53

I'm relieved if you think that's a good days food as I'm trying really hard to make sure it's healthy snacks most of the time & make sure she's eating plenty of the right stuff,
I worry as she eat way more than that if she could & literally finishes a meal then starts wanting snacks.
I guess it's not the volume it's the content & it's my job to make sure she's getting healthy snacks as if it's Jaffa cakes / crisps it's me that's providing them.
She's none the wiser & just as happy with the good stuff

icelollycraving Wed 27-May-15 00:30:34

Sounds ok but snack a jacks are grim!
My ds is almost 4 & eats a lot but not usually all in one go. He's a grazer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now