Talk

Advanced search

To think this hen party game was really awful?

(57 Posts)
Dionysuss Sat 23-May-15 21:30:53

Next month my brother is getting married. Yesterday we had the hen night. The brides best friends organised a drinking game quiz for her to do. They had asked my brother the questions and she had to guess the same answers.

It started off quite well. Favourite takeaway/ film ect. Then it was " after how many dates did you sleep together / favourite positions ". It turns out they used to use her mum bed fairly often too shock

There was also a stripper but that's a whole other story.
Aibu to think that's too distasteful or am I just a party pooper.

WickleWockle Sat 23-May-15 21:33:12

standard hen do stuff, surely?

WorraLiberty Sat 23-May-15 21:33:14

It's a bit cringeworthy but as long as she enjoyed it.

I've seen a similar thing on some TV show actually...something about Blackpool if I remember rightly.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Sat 23-May-15 21:34:02

It's a game that has been played at pretty much every hen party I've been on tbh! My DH was asked similar questions although he's very reserved and refused to answer a few...
I guess it's worse to hear when you're the groom's sister!

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Sat 23-May-15 21:34:35

I would be far more disgusted by the stripper!

BravingSpring Sat 23-May-15 21:36:02

It's a standard game, one of the tamer ones.

cheminotte Sat 23-May-15 21:37:03

I'd hate that personally but how did she find it? Went to a baby shower recently and we were doing what could we guess - weight, gender fine. One of the other women started suggesting, will she need episiotomy? Thought that was poor taste.

AoifeBell Sat 23-May-15 21:38:10

I found out a looooot more stuff than I needed too about my sisters sex life at her do confused but, YABU. It's a hen party. It's just a laugh lightening up

AGirlCalledBoB Sat 23-May-15 21:38:52

I think that's standard for a hen party to be honest. It wouldn't bother me but at a hen party I love all the tack. It's just a bit of fun, as long as the bride was fine with all of it.

balletnotlacrosse Sat 23-May-15 21:39:35

YANBU.

BlinkAndMiss Sat 23-May-15 21:43:55

This has been played at most of the hen parties I've been to too, it's pretty standard. When it's friends it's hilarious, when it's your sister/sister in law/mum then not so much. But I think that's the case with most hen party activities isn't it?

MagicMojito Sat 23-May-15 21:44:14

Standard hen party stuff. Yabu.

londonrach Sat 23-May-15 21:44:39

Yabu. Just think of your poor sil who will be remembering last night and hoping her future sil doesnt think less of her. So glad i didnt do the hen thing.

RusticBlush Sat 23-May-15 21:47:05

Its meant to be took lightheartedly - get over it and enjoy the wedding grin

Quitelikely Sat 23-May-15 21:47:42

Get over yourself. It's a joke and a laugh. That is all.

No pot intentions behind it.

Anydrinkwilldo Sat 23-May-15 21:49:14

Been done at every hen I've been to since my own (and to me too)

msgrinch Sat 23-May-15 21:51:34

Her hen night sounds awesome!

ItsADinosaur Sat 23-May-15 21:52:38

Standard for a hen party, was done at mine. It's just a bit of fun so yabu.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 23-May-15 22:01:06

I wouldn't have liked it. I don't discuss my sex life with anyone. It made my angel and my dd and hopefully the baby we're ttc.
I may seem prudish but believe me I am far from it. My dp would definitely vouch for that, grin

Flippidyflap Sat 23-May-15 22:02:51

It was done to me on my hen do and I thought it was funny. DH didn't quite understand the rules though and I spent 30 minutes defending myself that I hadn't shagged him in a church yard. They had asked him where the strangest place was he'd had sex. I challenged him when I got home and he said 'oh, I thought they meant ever!'

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Sat 23-May-15 22:04:13

Haha love that Flippidy. My DH made up some of the answers, partly to wind me up as id obviously get them wrong and partly to shock!

GGabcd Sat 23-May-15 22:09:03

This is why I hate hen nights. What's the point? To get drunk and make asses of yourselves, I guess.

No thanks. I outgrew that at 17.5.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 23-May-15 22:11:09

We did this at my sister's hen party. The questions weren't particularly crude though, I think you have to know your audience. I know my sister would have been mortified with sex questions as our mum was there but if your sister was fine with it then what's the problem?!!

Mozzereena Sat 23-May-15 22:14:04

YANBU, OP. That party does sound awful.

mummybare Sat 23-May-15 22:16:52

I'm so glad the questions didn't stray into bedroom territory at my hen do. But that was because DM and DMIL were there. If they hadn't been, I would have expected much cruder questions, and it's been the order of the day at other hen dos I've been to so I think you're being a little prudish tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now