Talk

Advanced search

tell me to get a grip... facebook?

(83 Posts)
Altinkum Fri 22-May-15 21:41:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alicemalice Fri 22-May-15 21:42:59

Could it be she doesn't like her son being tagged in posts?

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 22-May-15 21:44:04

Maybe she isn't following you so isn't seeing your statuses?

JoyceDivision Fri 22-May-15 21:46:19

this is the exact sort of stuff that made me shit fb down about 4 months ago and I don't miss it at all.

You can

1 ignore it and shrug it off
2 stop commenting on her posts
3 start raising loads and loads of posts and try to wear her down to eventually comment
4 close down facebook (it's for the best, honest)

MuttonCadet Fri 22-May-15 21:46:30

She may have unfollowed you so can't see them.

cleanmyhouse Fri 22-May-15 21:47:57

You need to get a grip.

I've hidden a few of my pals cos they're wanky on facebook. Some post EVERYTHING. It's tedious.

I'm not saying that's you, i'm just saying.

Altinkum Fri 22-May-15 21:48:14

imwithspud Fri 22-May-15 21:50:03

YABU but I totally understand how you feel. I'm not on facebook at the moment but I have had similar with a friend of mine too. A few months ago we spent the day together, I uploaded some lovely pictures of my DC1 and her dog playing together and she just completely ignored them, yet when other people tag her or post pictures I see her liking them. I know it's unreasonable and it's difficult to know if it's intentional or not (although the liking and commenting on other peoples stuff says a lot imo) but I can't help but feel a little bit hurt by it. Especially when I try and take an interest in her life and what she gets up to. I think my low self esteem and confidence issues play a part, I just try to keep perspective and try not to let things like that bother me too much.

Hassled Fri 22-May-15 21:50:15

Are you sure she's seeing the posts? She's not hidden you at some point (deliberately or not)?

Tanfastic Fri 22-May-15 21:52:20

I get that with my sister, she never likes any of my statuses, any of my photos of my ds (she lives away as well so hardly see her).

I see her commenting on distant relatives statuses, liking random acquaintances etc. It started to really upset me.

So basically I asked her and she said she doesn't see me on facebook which must mean she's not following me as I haven blocked her.

Must be the same with your friend.

Altinkum Fri 22-May-15 21:54:06

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 22-May-15 21:54:14

unfriend her see what happens?

Altinkum Fri 22-May-15 21:55:14

alicemalice Fri 22-May-15 21:58:07

Ah, Facebook does have this algorithm thing going on where it chooses certain people's posts to show you - so that might be partly it.

Hassled Fri 22-May-15 22:01:13

I've noticed that I see less and less from FB friends where I don't often Like or Comment, for whatever reason. If I look at their page/wall/thing now, I can see posts that I don't think ever appeared on my Newsfeed. So maybe she ignored you a few times and then FB phased you out?

Moominmarvellous Fri 22-May-15 22:02:49

My MIL is like this. I see her lots, we get on well, she loves my kids and likes and comments for every other tom, dick or harry - but she NEVER likes anything of mine on FB!

Bugs me slightly when I think of it, but the plus side is that I don't have to like her long detailed statuses out of politeness, which I actually don't like at all - so fairs fair smile

CrapBag Fri 22-May-15 22:02:59

I get you OP. I have a 'friend' and she has removed me from some group conversations of FB and she never ever likes or responds to me on FB. A few of us did something recently through a relative of hers and me and the others all commented on FB saying thank you to her and her relative for letting us do the thing. She liked the other friends comments and ignored mine even though it was posted at the same time as one of the others. I know it's deliberate.

FB is such a big thing that not liking things and other responding does seem a deliberate snub I think.

Ladymoods Fri 22-May-15 22:03:15

Surely if she's been tagged in a post she would get a notification though.

revealall Fri 22-May-15 22:06:50

Do you also post lots of dross? Lots of generic things to share if "you love your kids", facebook selling, pictures of dogs or children that are missing ( without checking if it's still the case), happy messages, adverts, quizzes , pictures of your food daily etc etc? If so ...then yes she has taken you of her feed.

lljkk Fri 22-May-15 22:07:34

I have someone who likes every single one of my posts & comments on 90%. Really naff comments, too. Within milliseconds of me posting anything. I'd like to try to customise things so that her comments appear only on her newsfeed & not visible to me or anyone who sees my wall, argh.

lljkk Fri 22-May-15 22:09:39

And then I have a relative who thanks every single person who 'likes' her posts. It's not just nafftastic, but I get notified that she's tagged me for no reason at all. ARRRGGGH.

Finola1step Fri 22-May-15 22:10:00

I tend to like the statuses of people on fb I really see. FB for me is to keep in touch with people who I rarely physically see. Could it be that she thinks that she sees you all the time so no need to communicate via the internet.

confused79 Fri 22-May-15 22:10:29

See, I'd delete Facebook as it does cause more hassle than its worth but I use it to message people a lot as opposed to using my normal text messaging. How have people gotten around that if they've deleted it?

hesterton Fri 22-May-15 22:10:54

Ask her?

hippoherostandinghere Fri 22-May-15 22:12:07

My SIL does this too. She's a head wrecker, she gets a kick off doing stuff like this. It does annoy me, I just don't understand why people do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now