Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of clothes shopping....?!

(9 Posts)
queensansastark Fri 22-May-15 18:21:18

It's just too time consuming, let alone £££ consuming.
All the styles and fashions are constantly changing, I haven't got the time nor inclination to trawl through the stuff to find something that I actually like AND is comfortable AND suits my (peared) body shape each season....this is not helped by my fluctuating weight/size. As soon as I find something I like and make it a staple, I cannot find it again in the same shop the following season.

It is so much simpler for mean - find a shirt/tee/polo shirt/tie in a brand you like, buy it in all 5 colours and repeat next time you need new clothes. Simples.

queensansastark Fri 22-May-15 18:22:23

Men not mean

SquinkiesRule Fri 22-May-15 18:23:13

Same here, I have no fashion sense though. I just wear clean clothes and hope it'll do. Jeans and tees all the way for me.

Sirzy Fri 22-May-15 18:24:02

Don't worry about seasons, or fashions. Buy what you like and you are comfy in, wear it for as many seasons as you like it and are comfy in it.

queensansastark Fri 22-May-15 18:24:33

Yes, but jeans change all the time...different styles and different brands.

I find it is one of the most difficult things to shop for.

queensansastark Fri 22-May-15 18:26:48

Agree Cersei, but when I need new stuff, I have to go round looking for stuff I like among stuff which is in season and available to buy. I can't simply repeat my purchases.....

Bodicea Fri 22-May-15 18:35:40

I know what you mean op. Why can't anywhere decent basics? Why is it so hard to find really simple things like a nice black cardigan, a plain blazer etc.

I love wearing skirts in the summer it plain tops - it's my staple. I went to the trafford centre. I couldn't find any casual skirts at all!!! None. So frustating.

DH goes to banana republic or reiss and buys a shirt, polo shirt, jumper and jeans. Done!

TheFairyCaravan Fri 22-May-15 18:40:58

Finding Summer skirts is harder than finding hens' teeth. I've got some nice, plain flippy style ones from 7 or 8 years ago that I still wear. Fortunately we only have shit weather in the Summer so they don't get worn that much so have lasted very well.

We went to Fuerteventura in April and the German and Scandavian women were wearing some lovely skirts, it's so not fair.

toomuchtooold Fri 22-May-15 18:44:15

Oh yeah I couldn't be bothered with it before I had kids, and now... work clothes are from M&S, home clothes from La Redoute online, once I find something I like I buy 5 of them so I don't need to think about what to wear.

The trouble is, as a woman you're kind of expected to make some sort of effort (over and above being clean and tidy) regardless of what the rest of your life is like. Making any sort of active choice about hair and clothes would take up all my available free time now, having small kids. I'd much rather spend that precious time reading and Mumsnetting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now