Talk

Advanced search

To not be fussed about people sleeping in my bed

(17 Posts)
MrNedSchneebly Thu 21-May-15 19:06:05

Would this bother you? Obviously sheets and everything (although that wouldn't fuss me either but I can more see why people mind about this). If so, can you explain why exactly. Assuming you are completely comfortable having guests sleeping in your house. It's the specific bed thing I'm wondering about.

DoMeDon Thu 21-May-15 19:07:33

Not at all

confusedalways Thu 21-May-15 19:09:24

It's not that it's my bed that I dislike but that It my bedroom. Which to me is my private space. I don't like other people going in there.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 21-May-15 19:10:36

Not fussed, like you.

MrNedSchneebly Thu 21-May-15 19:10:38

Sorry in case wasn't clear I meant obviously sheets changed etc.

Minshu Thu 21-May-15 19:12:01

Not a problem for me, but I don't automatically give up my bed for guests, either. Would do it for MIL or another guest who may have trouble with stairs in the night, as we have an ensuite.

Suzietastic Thu 21-May-15 19:13:23

bed isn't the issue, for me it's my private space, as said before.

WinterBabyof89 Thu 21-May-15 19:13:38

My bedroom is a place for my family & my family only - kind of similar to confused's POV.

My parents however have no worries about letting somebody use their bed if they are house sitting etc.. So each to their own I guess

budgiegirl Thu 21-May-15 19:14:16

No, not fussed, we always give up our bed for guests. Mostly because we don't have a spare room, so tend to sleep on the sofa or son's floor, and I wouldn't expect guests to do that.

But I'd probably only do it for guests that I trust no to rummage through my cupboards and drawers !

MrNedSchneebly Thu 21-May-15 19:18:33

The context of this is that I'm borrowing a house (although allegedly it is sort of my house too but this isn't really the case in practice) and going there with a group. There are five bedrooms but only one is to be used and then sofa beds and blow up mattresses in the living room and tents in the garden.

I don't wish to be a dick about the situation at all as I'm very grateful to borrow the house but another guest is causing a fuss about it and saying how weird it is going to be. I kind of just want something to say to said guest to explain why someone would be happy for you to be in the house, go in the bedrooms etc but not specifically be in the beds.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 21-May-15 19:43:18

There are five bedrooms but only one is to be used That is a tiny bit weird.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 21-May-15 19:43:57

something to say to said guest to explain why someone would be happy for you to be in the house, go in the bedrooms etc but not specifically be in the beds

You've lost me now OP. That's just weird.

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 21-May-15 19:48:31

I previously lived in a one bedroom flat, when parents etc came to statue oils give the my bed and sleep on the sofa bed. We have since moved into a 4 bedroom house. We have a spare single bed, numerous double sofa beds etc and have decided that our bedroom and bed are our space, for us. We don't want anyone else in our space or our bed but have plenty of alternatives to offer. I guess it depends on your feelings and space available...

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 21-May-15 19:49:24

Oh dear 'statue oils'??? Meant 'visit us'shock

MrNedSchneebly Thu 21-May-15 20:18:20

Yes it does feel a bit weird to me. Maybe it's the people in the space thing. I just can't quite get my head round it and it is going to be sort of embarrassing to have to herd people out to the garden when there's plenty of beds.

MrNedSchneebly Thu 21-May-15 20:20:14

Maybe it's like the idea of someone else sleeping in your bed? Like it's creepy or something to imagine it? So if you are lying there you are thinking about the person in it before? Clutching at straws really but in general the bed person is not unreasonable and I don't think would say something just to be difficult so I do think must have a genuine reason.

Hassled Thu 21-May-15 20:24:09

That is a bloody weird scenario. So you loan your house to a group of people but they can't sleep in your beds? Madness. There's no way you can explain that to your friends without it seeming as barking mad as it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now