Talk

Advanced search

To want to be with dh?

(11 Posts)
Pleasepassthewine Tue 19-May-15 19:58:27

I've posted about this elsewhere so sorry if you've read this before.

I'm a SAHM with two dcs. DS is 10 and has high functioning ASD and DS is 6. Two years ago dh was made redundant. We thought we were going to lose our house. He got another job fairly quickly but it wasn't going too well. Just before Christmas last year he got another offer completely out of the blue - big pay rise, pension, private healthcare, just too good to turn down but it was 100 miles from us. Dh took the job and has been living away ever since.

So im on own the the dcs. DS is approaching secondary school and is very unhappy in school. He has a statement but has no friends. Secondary school options locally for DS are poor. I'm worried about how he'll cope.

So we decided to move closer to dh. We bought a lovely house in a beautiful place. I've got the dcs into a lovely rural school, secondary school is very small and friendly, much more likely to appeal to DS as he is crippled with anxiety.

But everyone seems surprised that we're leaving! AIBU to want my family to live together? I've had depression, mainly because I have to cope alone and I have no support network so sometimes my judgement isn't great. But the surprise of others is making me wonder if I'm doing the right thing? I have no confidence in my own judgement ......

Eebahgum Tue 19-May-15 20:01:37

Sounds like a no brainer to me. Genuinely can't think of one reason why you wouldn't move. Hope you're very happy in your new home.

Collaborate Tue 19-May-15 20:02:51

How can you BU when you are reuniting your family? And people are surprised? confused

Wishmychildrenhadanoffswitch Tue 19-May-15 20:04:13

Your new life sounds perfect.Go for it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 19-May-15 20:04:13

I'd do exactly the same as you, I woild want to be with Dh.

ollieplimsoles Tue 19-May-15 20:04:14

Is it other family members who live in your old area who are surprised OP? Family and friends will prob be upset that they will see you and the DCs less, which is understandable.

BUT I def think YANBU, you have had a hard time and you are doing whats best for your family. Plenty of families live many miles apart from each other, you will just have to travel back to see them.

I'm really glad you can all be together, you have found a great house and a good school for the DCs, I hope you continue to thrive, Good Luck!

DixieNormas Tue 19-May-15 20:04:21

It sounds like you have made the best decision for your family. Id have done the same

MrsSheRa Tue 19-May-15 20:06:03

Sounds like the perfect decision smile

Best of luck got the future smile

MrsSheRa Tue 19-May-15 20:06:30

*for

LemonYellowSun Tue 19-May-15 20:10:59

I think it's the only decision you could make. Sounds ideal grin

TheWitchwithNoName Tue 19-May-15 20:11:04

Sounds like you are doing the right thing, you need to do what's right for you family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now