Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with dh regarding cat poo?

(8 Posts)
Pandorasaquarium8 Tue 19-May-15 16:54:41

Dh has decided that since I have a cat (didn't especially choose to, she was abandoned by the neighbours when they moved and moved in with us) all cat mess in the garden is my responsibility to clean up. It's not even my cat doing it, there was cat mess in the garden pre our cat in account of the neighbours either side both owning two cats. Previously whoever discovered the delightful cat surprise would sort it out. But now nope, it's my job. Mi got home last night after a late meeting at work to discover ds had stepped in cat mess in the garden and rather than sort it out dh had just left ds's shoes outside and made him come in from the garden.
Ds actually greeted me at the door with 'dad says you've got to clean the cat poo off my shoes.'
I was really pissed off. I was home late, dh had done nothing to help (dishwasher still full from when I put it on yesterday morning, all dishes etc that he'd used yesterday stacked on the side) I had to cook dinner and on top of that was greeted by the news that I had to sort out the cat mess in the garden.

Aibu to think this shouldn't always be my job?!

Stinkersmum Tue 19-May-15 16:55:55

No yanbu. Lazy peevish fucker.

Tiptops Tue 19-May-15 16:56:26

YANBU.

Why does your DH feel entitled to be so lazy and feckless? Are the household chores always left to you, unless you repeatedly have to ask for 'help'?

Stinkersmum Tue 19-May-15 16:56:26

Not you btw, your DH. blush

SistersofPercy Tue 19-May-15 17:08:22

He's a twat.
The cat sounds like a much better life companion than him tbh.

geekymommy Tue 19-May-15 18:25:32

Ds actually greeted me at the door with 'dad says you've got to clean the cat poo off my shoes.'

Ugh. I HATE being greeted at the door with "you've got to do this". I'm hoping I can train DD and DS not to do that, and then maybe even train DH not to do it.

I think your DH is being U and you are not.

6cats3gingerkittens Tue 19-May-15 18:34:41

Tell him, "Eat shit, Arsehole.".

GatoradeMeBitch Tue 19-May-15 18:38:08

Why didn't you tell him to make the dinner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now