I probably am but I'm cross

(15 Posts)
mindexplode Mon 18-May-15 19:08:19

sent home from work today as fell asleep for a couple of seconds at my desk

dh sorted out kids etc but didn't check on me for a couple of hours. in the end I had to move to top of the stairs to ask for as drink and dinner

due to health issues I am on a high salt diet. dehydration causes big issues for me (falling over) and I need plenty of drink and high salt to keep me going

dh cooked dinner for me including peas and chips

no sign of the salt or any sauce for my meal

aibu to not eat the bits that are tasteless without salt to make a point?

disclaimer I am full of cold and cough really badly every ten minutes. and I'm very pmt

Euphemia Mon 18-May-15 19:10:51

I think you'd do better to communicate clearly what you need to your DH.

Owllady Mon 18-May-15 19:11:12

Can you just ask him for some salt?
We've all been there, being ill,pissed off etc because we are ill, but just ask him and I imagine he'll bring you some!

Becca83 Mon 18-May-15 19:12:50

Just ask for salt!?!?

diddlediddledumpling Mon 18-May-15 19:13:02

Just ask for the salt, or get it yourself?

I think your pmt/illness is making you unreasonable. I've been off dairy for about 9 months and dh keeps asking me if I want milk in my coffee. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that bad, is it?

Pancakeflipper Mon 18-May-15 19:14:14

You are cutting your nose to spite your health face.
Tell him you require salt and liquids.

mindexplode Mon 18-May-15 19:15:48

if I ask for salt he will get all passive aggressive about having to go up and downstairs again for me

AuntyMag10 Mon 18-May-15 19:16:23

So get up and get it yourself?

mindexplode Mon 18-May-15 19:19:13

could do but risk collapsing on the way

sunniest Mon 18-May-15 19:19:49

It's unfair getting cross with him for not reading your mind, just ask him properly.

mindexplode Mon 18-May-15 19:22:11

sunniest I hear what you are saying but after 13 years together he might remember that I like salt on my chips

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-May-15 19:22:25

I think you're being too harsh. Were you expecting him to keep checking on you? He could well have thought you were resting or was busy sorting your kids out. He cooked you tea. Adding salt is easy. Get well soon and cut your husband some slack.

Imachocolateportal Mon 18-May-15 19:24:46

I think yabu but I can understand that when you are feeling really ill that the little things seem massive and can make you act irrationally.

Maybe I am wrong but it sounds to me like fluid intake and diet isn't being managed as well as it could be right now? Have you been given any advice on the levels of water and salt you need when you are ill? Your body will want different levels when I'll, and if you are falling asleep at work I am guessing that the levels are out of balance right now. If you have a fever for instance you will be burning up even more water than normal.

mindexplode Mon 18-May-15 19:30:31

no real chocolate no real advice and last time I went to doctor for advice I was made to feel I was wasting their time as I'm diagnosed and am not taking any medicine for my condition. I have been drinking squash all day but hardly passed anything so probably needed it

Imachocolateportal Mon 18-May-15 20:06:16

That is really is rubbish. Do you have anyone that would be able to fight your corner with you at the doctor? I understand how hard it can be to push with doctors (very well I have a strange severe fear of going to the doctor to be told nothing is wrong and I am silly) so could someone support you and help stress to the doctor how bad you are. Then help push for proper dietitian advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now