Advanced search

Police or small claims court

(7 Posts)
Newbrummie Mon 18-May-15 16:07:48

If somebody sold shares in a company that had already been dissolved surely that is fraud not a civil matter? I realise the police are busy but this is £10,000 frankly I could do with in my pocket.
What do you guys think ?

Reginafalangie Mon 18-May-15 16:10:20

Legal might be a better place for advice op smile

Allwayslookingforanswers Mon 18-May-15 16:10:51

Both, you can quote the crime number on the Small Claims application

Newbrummie Mon 18-May-15 16:12:02

I just don't know where to start ... This is my sons godfather that's done this ... The police keep fobbing me off

Icimoi Mon 18-May-15 16:13:24

I agree with doing both. If the police are fobbing you off, escalate it to someone senior.

Diamond23 Mon 18-May-15 16:15:26

Having reported something broadly similar, no the police don't get involved. Have you tried the DTI and companies house? They should be able to advise. Hopefully DTI will be dealing with the liquidation

Newbrummie Mon 18-May-15 16:22:08

It's happened in January 2011 behind our backs, only transpired due to divorce half those shares should be mine only they don't exist and never had. Sure that's fraud, it must be ... I find the whole thing unbelievable ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now