About the fucking milk.

(152 Posts)
DisappointedOne Sun 17-May-15 14:00:34

DH was out helping a neighbour. Asked him to pick up some milk in the way back because the dribble he put back in the fridge isn't enough for the day as I'm still in PJs trying to study. He's brought back GREEN TOP milk. We haven't had green top milk in this house for the best part of a decade. 4 pints of the fucking stuff.

Asked whether the shop had no blue top milk and he said "they did. I thought this was what we had". Shows how often he makes a cup of tea. angry

Goanddoapoothen Sun 17-May-15 14:02:42

In the nicest possible way- it's just milk!

TattyDevine Sun 17-May-15 14:05:07

Ewww, tea with blue top. Coffee however, yum. I can't allow myself such indulgence! I can't do red top though, that's just white water

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Sun 17-May-15 14:05:25

Yabu. Whole milk tastes fatty and gross.

Won't matter that much for tea!

KillmeNow Sun 17-May-15 14:09:14

I feel your pain. A relative has only red top milk - and waters it down !

A cup of tea at hers is a dire experience.

Blue top all the way here.

londonrach Sun 17-May-15 14:09:19

At least you have some milk. Just done the ldll shop and i got the last bottle (green top). Felt awful when lady looked sadly at mine in trolley and empty shelf. Asked at till if they coud restock. Is the blue top the super skimmed water?

Fairy13 Sun 17-May-15 14:12:55

YABU for having blue milk.

On the other hand, if I had a partner to run to the shop for me and he returned with blue milk I'd be devastated.

HighwayDragon Sun 17-May-15 14:13:52

They only have red top milk in the staff room at work envy (sick face)

Fairy13 Sun 17-May-15 14:14:26

Blue top is the one that is essentially cream.

Red all the way here. But I know that's controversial.

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Sun 17-May-15 14:17:26

Blue milk blue milk blue milk <chant>

Healthier AND tastier! What's not to love??

dementedpixie Sun 17-May-15 14:17:32

blue - full fat
green - semi skimmed
red - skimmed
purple - 1%

we normally have semi skimmed

dementedpixie Sun 17-May-15 14:18:31

full fat milk is not essentially cream - it has about 4/5% fat so not exactly fattening

RatOnnaStick Sun 17-May-15 14:18:33

We have blue top and red top at home. Blue top makes the tea taste all fatty and yuk. I use red top for drinks and blue top for everything else.

In answer to your op though, YABU. Unless you haven't told us you're heavily pregnant ir sick in which case, complain away.

Fairy13 Sun 17-May-15 14:26:19

I know it isn't really cream... I was exaggerating for comedic effect.
It is disgusting though. Bleurghhhh.

museumum Sun 17-May-15 14:27:59

Green top is pretty average. Yabu.

We use red (dh and I) and blue (ds) but all of us can manage green without any issues.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 17-May-15 14:30:12

WEare a red and blue house here. Red for me, blue for the kids. What's the point of green? It's neither fish nor foul

LadyFlumpalot Sun 17-May-15 14:33:02

Blue top (or Jersey Gold when I'm feeling flush) all the way here! I love the stuff, can easily drink a pint straight down. Yum.

MerynFuckingTrant Sun 17-May-15 14:34:22

YABU. You asked for milk, he bought milk. I prefer semi skimmed but wouldn't be that bothered if DH bought whole or skimmed instead.

Maybe your DH actually likes semi skimmed best.

DisappointedOne Sun 17-May-15 14:37:54

Blue is whole milk, green is semi skimmed and red is white water. Blue milk is the least carby.

Jux Sun 17-May-15 15:02:26

I used to love skimmed milk. There's a sweetness to it..... I had to compromise when I married, as dh used ff milk. I still miss it though.

Golferman Sun 17-May-15 15:04:52

Red for me oN/in everything.

DrDre Sun 17-May-15 15:11:13

Better than man milk...

AmyElliotDunne Sun 17-May-15 15:12:27

I buy blue for cereal, cooking etc as I've read that the vitamins in milk are fat soluble so better absorbed from full fat milk, but tbh it's a bit much in tea as I like it strong, so I sometimes water down a little jug of it for using in tea, or just buy a single pint of green for tea.

If you want super low carb milk, mix single cream and water. It's a bit tangy and not as sweet as milk, but does the job.

Feminine Sun 17-May-15 15:14:53

Why is blue top lower carb?
Please?

mojo17 Sun 17-May-15 15:17:28

He needs to go straight back out and get the correct milk then doesn't he

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now