We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that you don't have to shower in front of someone at they gym for it to count?

(9 Posts)
AliceAnneB Wed 13-May-15 15:34:36

Yesterday I went to the gym had a workout and then showered in the changing room. Got into my swimming costume and headed to the pool. As I got in the hot tub another woman loudly starting shouting that I hadn't showered and that there were signs. I told her I had just properly showered in the changing rooms because I had a workout first. Her reply was "come off it! I've seen you in a dry costume.". Well of course it was dry! Who the hell showers in their costume unless you're on the pool deck? Even after I was in the hot tub she just kept shouting that I should have showered there on the pool deck. I completely agree with everyone showering before they get in the pool but surely a proper shower gets you quite a bit cleaner than a rinse. Do you rinse poolside just to make sure people know you've showered?

NRomanoff Wed 13-May-15 15:39:58

I always shower poolside, not so people can see though. Just because I couldn't be arsed getting in the showers then putting my costume on.

YANBU if you want to do it that way. She was bu, if she had said the first bit and you said 'i showered in there' and she dropped it there, I would be ok with that, but for her to carry on challenging you makes her a pita.

As an adult you shouldn't have to give a full explanation to someone. She has probably being seething for ages about people who she thinks haven't showered, but have done what you did.

TapDancingMollusc Wed 13-May-15 15:52:02

I would be tempted to say "ooh you've got something in between your teeth" and sort of indicate where it might be... she would soon shut her mouth while she investigated.

And she did. The bit she was champing at while frothing. grin

TheJiminyConjecture Wed 13-May-15 15:54:56

Maybe next time just reply loudly "If you want to watch me shower you only have to ask!"

squoosh Wed 13-May-15 15:56:37

I would have said 'shut up and stop being a dick'.

MrsTedCrilly Wed 13-May-15 15:58:17

Yanbu, she sounds rude.. I bet rather than relaxing she was waiting to see who wouldn't shower so she could say something. Some people are just knobs!

Royalsighness Wed 13-May-15 16:13:39

Usually that sort of thing gets a "go and fuck yourself" from me.

LAGWAFIS Wed 13-May-15 16:40:15

Wasn't your hair wet, giving a clear indication you'd just showered?

DonnaKebab66 Wed 13-May-15 17:10:42

She'd hate me. I don't shower at all before swimming (I shower in the morning and after swimming so I ain't having a third fecking shower, my skin's dry enough.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now