To be annoyed that a men's only organization has a woman on its poster?

(18 Posts)
LittleMissIntrovert Tue 12-May-15 20:38:10

Some Facebook friends are members of this club, and have put a poster up for it, basically encouraging people to find out more. There is a woman on the poster, with a link to find out more.

My other half was in this club too, and is now joining the next club up age wise which is also for men.

I'm not necessary against men's only clubs, though I think personally it's a bit old fashioned.

It's just to have a woman on the poster when it's a men only club seems hypocritical.

Aibu to think it's annoying, and be very tempted to post a comment under the photo!

TiggyD Tue 12-May-15 21:27:20

What sort of mens's's club is it?

Koalafications Tue 12-May-15 21:28:39

confused

Stealthpolarbear Tue 12-May-15 21:29:29

how many clothes is she wearing

LittleMissIntrovert Tue 12-May-15 21:29:43

It's a charity organization similar to rotary, for men only.

LittleMissIntrovert Tue 12-May-15 21:32:51

She is dressed, though also young, pretty and blonde hmm

I think it's just to get people's attention, but still it's sad that they have to do it in this way.

TiggyD Tue 12-May-15 21:33:08

Depends on the photo.

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Tue 12-May-15 21:36:30

So from how you describe it, it's a club for men only, and in order to attract the attention of men to join / give them something "nice" to look at on their stuff (website?) they have a picture of an attractive young blonde woman who has nothing to do with the club.

I would find that annoying too, I think.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Tue 12-May-15 22:57:48

Probus? Lions? Elucidated Brethren of Ebon Night?

Timri Tue 12-May-15 22:59:32

That is just odd

loveareadingthanks Tue 12-May-15 23:07:42

yuk. That's just sleasy. What brain of Britain came up with the design? Your husband should complain about the poor impression it's creating.

Or get loads of your women mates phone up about membership and be all confused as to why they are showing a woman member but not letting them apply to join.

Or get loads of your male mates to phone up and ask questions as if it were a 'gentleman's club' a la Stringfellows (how many strippers each night?)

loveareadingthanks Tue 12-May-15 23:10:15

Can't be Lions - they're men and women.

Masons are a weird lot...

ouryve Tue 12-May-15 23:15:02

Does he even care about the image,*littlemiss*, or do you get the impression that he thinks it to be all perfectly fitting?

RAOB style club?

Minisoksmakehardwork Wed 13-May-15 08:30:51

Depends on the club. The only one I can think it would possibly be is Cubs/beavers/scouts as they are age related. But admit girls/women.

Can't be masons as there's only a lower age limit and you don't move up according to age.

Intrigued.

Without knowing what it is, I couldn't possibly say. Except maybe they need to get women to accept what their husbands are doing.

I'm a member of a women/girls only group. Dh is a member of a men only society. Wouldn't bother me either way as both sexes know much of what goes on anyway.

HeyMicky Wed 13-May-15 08:34:56

I assume it's Roundtable.

Why not ask the local chapter about it?

Minisoksmakehardwork Wed 13-May-15 08:39:34

Round table have the ladies circle. So whilst each section is gender specific, yabu as both can participate.

scrappydappydoo Wed 13-May-15 08:42:09

My guess is round table/41 club. I think we would have to see poster to comment really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now