"pm me for pics" "pm me for prices "

(49 Posts)
WinterIsGoing Tue 12-May-15 18:39:11

Fucking Facebook selling pages...!

I hate it when someone posts something for sale and then it's pm me for details

When I questioned it with why and she said you can only put one pic in the post

"You cant in the comments its 1 at i time. Iv sent everyone a few pics of the stuff iv got i have alot more to take"

frankie001 Tue 12-May-15 18:49:03

Really annoys me too, just put the info on the thread!

KillmeNow Tue 12-May-15 18:57:43

I never enquire about these. They are just on a power trip trying to make it seem as though the world wants their stuff.

I dont ask at car boot or market stalls either if there are no prices displayed. Im not going to ask about each item. Either label the things individually or bung them all together in a box with a price on. Job done and Im more likely to consider buying from you.

Sorry - rant over.Its one of my many pet hates.

SaucyJack Tue 12-May-15 19:06:31

Yes! This! Why?!

Other than the fact they're a sad sack who's that desperate for human interaction obv.

LadyTmalia Tue 12-May-15 19:26:04

Something similar on our spotted page - Job available for 16hrs per week please email blah@blah.com for more information.

So then 5 dozen people reply with "pm the details hun"

Grr they have already said Email for info!!!

Notso Tue 12-May-15 19:33:19

I hate it when they just use a photo from a website then when you ask for a picture of the actual item they say it's in the loft/car/shed hmm

Also when someone is selling something easily washable that is filthy and say could do with a clean. Fucking clean it then and so done might pay the ridiculous price your asking.

cherrytree63 Wed 13-May-15 00:26:15

It irritates me when people cant be bothered to put sizes and prices on their ads.
Someone put a picture of a pot of paint up and I asked what colour it was, so she then posted a picture of a wall painted in the colour. But there were pictures and shadows all over the wall so I still don't know what colour it was.

FeelingSmurfy Wed 13-May-15 00:29:35

I don't trust people who say that, always think they will be changing price depending on person etc see a lot of Facebook pages saying this

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Wed 13-May-15 00:32:40

Why not just use a photo editor to write the price and size.

ReginaBlitz Wed 13-May-15 01:33:03

Or on a very local site someone that's like 20 miles away. And for the love of good shut up with the "can I have this please hun?" Fuck off

LadyCuntingtonThe3rd Wed 13-May-15 02:27:51

Am I the only one who's getting annoyed at people selling their old dirty ugly top for some £60 and every day adding comment 'sfs'? I mean, if it's not sold within first week, the price is clearly too high!angry

Idocrazythings Wed 13-May-15 03:05:30

People who put "want my lawn mowed pm me with prices" or "looking for a gardner/handyman/paver" etc and then expect the businesses to chase them for the work piss me off. (on the local business pages). Why can't they just make a few phone calls themselves instead of making small businesses chase them. Are they that special??? No. They are not.

KatoPotato Wed 13-May-15 03:39:24

Must go! I need space!!

Two pairs of toddler nikes

How much space are they taking up??

Want2bSupermum Wed 13-May-15 05:22:06

Oh the UK is great compared to the US. Sofa bed which is one of three designs that fits in perfectly to our nook. New the sofa is $6500 so obviously I am looking at 2nd hand. Well, so far I have found 3 sofas since last October. One, 3 months old wanted $4500, another 10 years old wanted $2500 and the 3rd was 5 years old, a putrid colour plus one of the buttons was missing from the back cushion and they wanted $3000.

No bloody way. It is a second hand sofa. I would love to meet the people who are buying this stuff for these high prices because a $7 ikea table that I will sell to them for $8 because they won't have to assemble it. No joke, that was more than one ad for a piece of ikea furniture! Nowt as strange as American folk.

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 13-May-15 06:24:28

I did that once crazythings. Asked on a business site for a handyman.
In my defence, I had a small job needed doing and had looked up and called a dozen of them.
A few didnt bother turning up to give a quote....then after having took time off work four times to wait in for handy men who never showed, I didnt really know where else to look.
Back on topic.....I hate when they post a pic of a full bin bag and put "bin bag of dc clothes £20". I cant see the flaming clothes why would I pay £20!
And there is always a bun fight on ours. We had one yesterday that was hilarious!

PseudoBadger Wed 13-May-15 06:43:02

Needs gone today.

londonrach Wed 13-May-15 06:46:55

Had that once with a basket. Asked the price and the lady said what would you pay. I replied not an auction and prefer the price so im passing. She still trying to sell it. However admin normally jump on pictures without prices.

propelusagain Wed 13-May-15 06:49:24

I only use ebay.

TeWiSavesTheDay Wed 13-May-15 06:54:45

eBay is much more expensive lately.

This annoys me! I joined a local business and they have since they changed their logo to an arsey note saying they will only give the price if you go in to the shop! What's the flipping point of that? Especially what it's not open that often.

PoppityPops Wed 13-May-15 08:08:50

Or a photo of the thing and then "make me an offer".

BallsforEarrings Wed 13-May-15 08:19:13

LadyTmalier when I put a job ad up I will not hire anyone who can't follow basic instructions so if I ask them to 'email for details' and got 'pm me hun' that is the end of that conversation.

I can sort of understand it for private sales as they probably want to haggle the price in private but not where trying for a a job is concerned it shows a basic lack of skills.

Smoorikins Wed 13-May-15 08:35:07

There was an as on a local page recently that said 'moving away house clearance, lots of stuff for sale, let me know what you are looking for and I'll tell you if I have it' - followed by lots of people asking 'do you have......?' And every reply was 'no, sorry'.

Just tell people what you are actually selling ffs!

Want2bSupermum Wed 13-May-15 14:23:05

Oh a classic on our selling page was someone wanting to sell some food they had bought in error. They had shopped at Whole Foods which is $$$$ and wanted someone to pay exactly what they had paid for the food. As a joke someone posted a lime for sale for $3 (they were on offer at another supermarket for 6 for $2) because it was a Friday night and the premium was worth paying because you could use it for tequila shots. It was an awesome post!

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 13-May-15 16:30:31

In some cases though......the less said the better.
This beauty popped up on our selling page this morning.....

[image removed by MNHQ]

Bogeyface Wed 13-May-15 16:35:20

That is awful!

Absolutely horrible, what is wrong with some people?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now