Talk

Advanced search

to think that Bojo can't do all his jobs properly

(9 Posts)
LarrytheCucumber Mon 11-May-15 12:49:34

So Boris Jonson is now an MP, member of cabinet and Mayor of London. Can he do justice to all these roles?

Sallyingforth Mon 11-May-15 13:53:57

He is only Mayor until the next election.
And he's not a member of the Cabinet, only the 'political cabinet'

Since Cameron has said he's not going to stand beyond the next GE, it looks very like BoJo is being groomed to take over.

Fun, eh?

Morelikeguidelines Mon 11-May-15 13:57:25

I'm sure I started calling him Bojo first.... grin

Mistigri Mon 11-May-15 14:00:28

Of course he can't. Good thing for him that there is no performance assessment or performance related pay for any of those jobs. Remind me, how much tax payers' money is he pocketing?

Squitten Mon 11-May-15 14:00:37

So far as I can see, his job as Mayor of London involves doing absolutely f**k all so that makes it easier for him...

windchime Mon 11-May-15 14:04:11

I used to work in the same sphere as Bojo and I know he has dozens of advisors. You have to talk to a lot of them before you get to the man himself. Like many high-profile jobs (e.g. US Defence Secretary) he does not make a move without it being discussed around a rather large table.

mateysmum Mon 11-May-15 14:11:36

I think the reason he has not been given a full ministerial role is due to his clash of commitments. He was open about the clash and will run with it until his mayoral term expires next year. It will be interesting to see how he copes and if his constituents/Londoners/cabinet colleagues get pissed of with him.

AuntieStella Mon 11-May-15 14:13:46

He's not been given a cabinet role, and the precedent for mayor and MP was set by Ken.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 11-May-15 16:06:23

It not that an unusual situation given the difrerent lengths of terms in different elected roles. Some people have had an overlap as an MEP and an MP, e.g., or as a Councillor and MP (John Hemmings). Tbeey usually undertake to give-up their lesser role when the term expires.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now