Talk

Advanced search

To think that VIRGIN should be ordered to plant a million of trees a year, or be hit by a massive Paper Tax ?

(22 Posts)
QuintShhhhhh Sun 10-May-15 15:04:39

Several times per week we get mahoosive envelopes filled with papers with offers and declarations of how we can save money by moving our phone/broadband to them?

I am so sick of Virgin envelopes clogging up my recycling bin.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Sun 10-May-15 16:56:28

YADNBU

I am with you in being sick of being bombarded with Virgin Fucking Media's marketing campaigns.

Several years ago I wrote/emailed/phoned begging them to stop and they said they would and they did for a few months, but it didn't last long and they are back now with a vengence.

I just don't have the energy to do it all again, so everything they send me just goes in the bin unopened.

It just makes a complete mockery of all the attempts to reduce waste on environmental grounds when big companies can just send all this unwanted crap out all the time.

If I could be bothered, I would save up a year's worth and send it back to them, without any postage on, with a brick taped to it.

dementedpixie Sun 10-May-15 17:01:31

It's even worse when we get their junk mail here as we aren't even in a virgin media area and can't get cable tv

QuintShhhhhh Sun 10-May-15 17:19:41

We can get it here, but their deals just aren't any good.

Pages upon pages of information.

They must be the least environmentally friendly company in the UK!

QuintShhhhhh Sun 10-May-15 17:20:21

To be honest, Virgin Medias insane use of paper, is making me less likely to ever try them out.

Itwasmybirthday Sun 10-May-15 17:20:45

I thought it was just me with the Virgin Media junk mail! I thought I must be on their database 6 times, the amount of post I get from them. And huge big A4 sized letters too.

I have never replied to any of their letters; surely by now they should've got the hint that I'm not going to?! Must cost them a small fortune too.

I now recognise their envelopes without having to read who they are from and put them straight into the recycling.

ShatnersBassoon Sun 10-May-15 17:23:39

YANBU. If it's addressed to 'The Householder', as all their crap is, it goes straight in the recycling bin. Totally wasteful.

QuintShhhhhh Sun 10-May-15 17:33:35

Recently they have started using official looking brown envelopes too!

QuintShhhhhh Sun 10-May-15 17:34:17

We get one lot for "the householder" and one lot in DHs name - not sure why, he must have enquired about something years and years ago.

LifeOfBriony Sun 10-May-15 17:34:44

YANBU. I knew what this thread would be about before I opened it. Just as I know what the envelopes contain without opening them. grin

Unfortunately I also know a number of people who have had problems with Virgin Media.

treaclesoda Sun 10-May-15 17:36:26

Surely the worst paper wasters in the country are HMRC. Tax credits in particular are shocking. Dozens of pages of paper for no reason, and a copy to each party. It is insane.

CapnMurica Sun 10-May-15 17:38:52

I agree. We get letters inviting us to join up to Virgin Media - when we've been customers for eight years!

SomethingOnce Sun 10-May-15 19:05:41

Register with the Mailing Preference Service?

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Sun 10-May-15 19:56:46

Doesn't work something because it is addressed to 'the occupier'.

londonrach Sun 10-May-15 19:59:36

Something doesnt work as delivered by postman. I am registered but get it every day or other day and its because our postman (who a sweetie) gets money for delivering it.

BottleBeach Sun 10-May-15 21:28:50

One of the many things I miss about my granny was her quiet dedication to the art of tearing up junk mail and returning it to the sender in their own pre-paid envelope. If Virgin Media are ever foolish enough to send me an envelope I will be so happy smile

SomethingOnce Sun 10-May-15 22:59:57

Really? How annoying.

I usually return 'to the occupier' Virgin envelopes to sender, so my brand awareness is high, but their persistent, wasteful Media-bothering has positioned them firmly on my shitlist.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sun 10-May-15 23:06:24

Yaddddnbu!

Marynary Sun 10-May-15 23:09:53

I know what you mean. We are already customers and we still get the massive envelopes addressed to the "occupier".

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Sun 10-May-15 23:16:29

I think a Paper Tax is an awesome idea! There is no reason for getting junk mail nowadays when they can just fill up your email with junk instead.

WardenessOfTheNorth Sun 10-May-15 23:18:54

YANBU. We get them at least once a week.

Sallyingforth Sun 10-May-15 23:22:15

Another long-term VM customer here, who gets their junk mail regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now