Talk

Advanced search

To book the honeymoon suite

(34 Posts)
Babiecakes11 Sun 10-May-15 11:31:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Panzee Sun 10-May-15 11:33:18

Ignore others, do what you want. It's harming nobody.

Kerberos Sun 10-May-15 11:34:08

Hang on. None of your guests are willing to look after your children so you can have special Wedding Night time?

I would uninvite all of the selfish fuckers and get married on the QT.

Eastpoint Sun 10-May-15 11:34:40

Ask the hotel if there is room for the children & don't talk about it with your mother. It's none of her business unless she's paying & even then you could stump up the extra £50. Go for it.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 10-May-15 11:35:12

Have you seen the rooms? If one of them is a suite, you might be able to sleep next door to the children. Talk to the hotel and book whatever you think will work best.

greeneggsandjam Sun 10-May-15 11:36:43

Do what you like and tell your mum to mind her own!

NotYouNaanBread Sun 10-May-15 11:38:06

a) Book the honeymoon suite. Don't even give that a second thought.

b) IT'S YOUR WEDDING NIGHT. It is NOT being unreasonable to tell your mother that she is quite right - it is ridiculous to spend your wedding night in a honeymoon suite with children, so they will spend the night with her, and isn't that lovely?

Also, if everybody in your family and friendship circle regards a wedding as a time to get drunk, then you have a whole year to get new friends, seriously.

LavenderRain Sun 10-May-15 11:38:34

That's really sad that nobody will have the kids so you can enjoy the honeymoon suite. Just book it anyway, you WILL get some enjoyment out of it im sure..
I will babysit!

PuppyMonkey Sun 10-May-15 11:38:34

I'm with Kerberos - not one person you know would agree to babysit your kids ON YOUR WEDDING NIGHT?shock

AuntyMag10 Sun 10-May-15 11:39:06

You shouldn't be discussing honeymoon plans with your mumgrin
Seriously, just book it and enjoy yourselves. Has your mum even offered to keep your kids for that night since she's offering advice?

Staywithme Sun 10-May-15 11:39:59

I'm in total agreement with Kerberos

What a bunch of selfish gits your family and friends are. The fact that your mother won't look after the kids but still tries to dictate how you spend your honeymoon night is a bloody joke. Tell her that since no one will look after your kids on YOUR honeymoon then you at least want to spoil yourself with this room. Go for it. Hope you have a wonderful day and may your marriage be a long and happy one. flowers

Cookiecake Sun 10-May-15 11:40:58

I can't believe nobody would look after your kids for your wedding night.....I'm sure they could enjoy getting drunk another night but that's your special day.

You should book whatever room you want to, it's a one off and being if being in the honeymoon suite would make your day and you can afford then you should go for it.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 10-May-15 11:43:47

shock no-one will have your kids on your wedding night?! Barmy!!!

ChampagneBabyCakes Sun 10-May-15 11:44:13

Can you ask your mum again to look after the kids? I really hope one of your close friends/ family will help out.x.

Babiecakes11 Sun 10-May-15 11:45:02

Babiecakes11 Sun 10-May-15 11:49:48

Kaekae Sun 10-May-15 11:49:57

Ahh that's a shame that no now will look after the children. I would still book the honeymoon suite...it is your wedding. I had my children with us when we got married, we hired a hotel suite which worked out really well.

AnyFucker Sun 10-May-15 11:50:03

do what you like, and I would have looked after your kids for you

congratulations thanks

Flyinggeese21 Sun 10-May-15 11:51:29

What business is it of anyone else which room you book for your wedding night? Just go for it!

Staywithme Sun 10-May-15 11:56:17

I wonder if you asked the hotel if you could bring your wee lad to see the honeymoon sweet a couple of times, closer to the wedding, if they would oblige?

PannaDoll Sun 10-May-15 11:57:57

Why isn't your mum offering to take the kids? Book the honeymoon suite regardless! You could book another standard room for the kids and ask someone else to stay with them (as another option).

Otherwise, enjoy the champagne and chocolate; if not the room shaking sex that £50 extra quid no doubt buys you.

p.s. Congratulations in advance x

PannaDoll Sun 10-May-15 11:59:16

Missed your posts about DS while I was typing. Still, go for the suite.

PippaPug Sun 10-May-15 12:11:38

Can you ask around at local childminders/his school or a Nanny?

glammanana Sun 10-May-15 12:15:46

You go ahead and book that Bridle Suite you deserve it,I don't understand the mentality of people wanting to go to weddings and just get drunk what is wrong with them,most of them are older people anyway and behave in such an obnoxious way as though they are expected to get plastered and perform like teenagers you go ahead and book it and enjoy the surrounding with your little family all cuddled up together it will be bliss

Iloveonionchutney Sun 10-May-15 12:17:57

We had my 3yr old dd our wedding night too, I splashed out on a suite regardless as like you say it's only once you can say you've stayed there. Our dd also came on our honeymooners on which was only 2 nights away but no one would/could have her. In fact we haven't had a night alone since our wedding 2 years ago. Get the room you want and ask the next person who questions it to babysit then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now